Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can my fibroids cause this?  (Read 1994 times)

matildamouse

Can my fibroids cause this?
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:39:11 AM »

I am 52 years and 2 years post menopausal. I had an ultrasound in April which showed a thin lining and a few fibroids to keep an eye on. I have ongoing low grade periodlike stomach pain and backache since I started using HRT end of last year. Initially I was on oral 1mg estradiol but has changed a few months ago to Estradot 25mg patches (now 37.5 since the weekend) and micronized progesterone 100mg capsules orally for 25 days. To see whether it will improve if I change to the vaginal route for the progesterone, the pains were better and went away for a week but is now back. No bleeding or any other symptoms.

Has anyone else experienced this. Somedays when it is really sore, I start thinking it can not be normal and there should be something wrong...I have a Drs appt next week.

Dancinggirl

Re: Can my fibroids cause this?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »

Cramping is quite common when on HRT and I found that taking Utro continuously gave me mild cramps on and off most of the time.  I think this is the progesterone working on the uterus to stop the lining from building up.  Unfortunately I got quite a bit of spotting on conti Utro which became a bit of a problem  - so Utrogestan doesn't suit me very well.  I tried it vaginally but it irritated and burned my ‘lady area'.  DG x

matildamouse

Re: Can my fibroids cause this?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 02:34:51 AM »

Thanks Dancinggirl. I am also starting to think the progesterone is the culprit. I can live with it, it is not intolerable, but would just like to know everything is still OK on the inside, so might ask for another ultrasound when I see the Dr.