Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 2758 times)

Annie0710

Nausea
« on: July 20, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »

I'm suffering bad bouts of nausea, no vomiting just the awful queasy feeling.  Do GPs prescribe anything ?

Last year I had an awful 4 day migraine and A&E gave me anti sickness pills but I finally vomitted on my way out of the hospital but kept them.  I've used them for occasional nausea with excellent results but have put them somewhere safe and cannot find them. 

It's not everyday, but I'm going through a nausea phase again and it slows me right down

Annie X

Dorothy

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »

Nausea is horrible  :(  Sorry I can't offer any practical advice but just wanted to send a  :bighug: It would be worth seeing your GP to see if they can help.

Have you tried ginger tea?  I find that helpful when I'm going through a 'sicky' phase.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »

Thanks Dorothy, the nausea passes after a couple of hours but it's happening regular (again!),  hopefully it'll go again and never return!

i don't know if it's connected but I've also entered another indigestion phase :-(

Can someone wake me up when my hormones have stopped giving me gip ?

Annie X

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »

Peppermint tea is good for indigestion - I NEVER had indigestion until I started peri, now it's a regular part of my 'new' life.

Mojo61

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 01:51:57 PM »

Oh yuk! I feel extremely nauseated first thing in the morning and then again in the evening. It is just like morning sickness and it is horrible!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 02:27:15 PM »

Reflux and nausea are usually different physical issues that may occur at the same time.  If one is nauseous one is unlikely to eat as well which can encourage reflux, either because the gut is empty or after eating.  I get both  :-[

Graze?

Meg

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »

My doctor prescribed prochlorperazine 5mg for the nausea.  I wonder if there is anything else that is prescribed.  I am 100% sure that this is hormones.  The prochlorperazine is moderately successful and I have also tried travel sickness tablets. This is a truly horrible symptom not well recognised in the medical profession which leaves women in a very difficult situation.  Like other symptoms it can severely impact on quality of life and make it very hard for a woman to carry on working at a time when official retirement is now 66!!!

Meg

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »

Hi Annie,

Sorry I can't offer any words of advice but just to add that you are definitely not alone! I suffer terribly from nausea (all wrapped up in exhaustion & headaches). I presume it's to do with hormone fluctuations or imbalances or both! It doesn't appear to be a classic symptom (I'm peri) but I'm sure it's to do with the menopause right?!

I unfortunately eat my way through it! I was a scrap of a thing before my hormones started to go wonky but now I'm positively chunky! I find eating helps to aliviate the nausea but it's short lived & I'd rather get the root problem addressed! I'm being seen at the Prof Studd clinic next month & im going to mention nausea specifically & see if they can suggest why it's happening & what's can do about it!

I will post a synopsis of my visit if you want to look out for it. My appointment is 19 Aug.

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 05:27:20 PM »

There are many anti-sickness meds available. I used to swallow Kwells but GPs have several to hand.

Meg

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 11:31:51 PM »

Ladies, thanks so much for your invaluable posts.  It is so helpful to know that you are not the only one, especially when you have an unhelpful GP who says that she has never heard of it!  She should visit the internet more often!  I personally am so tired of the nausea which has plagued me since my periods stopped nearly twelve years ago,( am now nearly 62) this symptom can really get you down.  Blue Kingfisher, thanks for your post and look forward to hearing how you get on, hope you come back with some positives, good luck.

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »

Hi Annie,

Sorry I can't offer any words of advice but just to add that you are definitely not alone! I suffer terribly from nausea (all wrapped up in exhaustion & headaches). I presume it's to do with hormone fluctuations or imbalances or both! It doesn't appear to be a classic symptom (I'm peri) but I'm sure it's to do with the menopause right?!

I unfortunately eat my way through it! I was a scrap of a thing before my hormones started to go wonky but now I'm positively chunky! I find eating helps to aliviate the nausea but it's short lived & I'd rather get the root problem addressed! I'm being seen at the Prof Studd clinic next month & im going to mention nausea specifically & see if they can suggest why it's happening & what's can do about it!

I will post a synopsis of my visit if you want to look out for it. My appointment is 19 Aug.

X

Yes please as to be kept updated on your appt! I may well go the private route after my bloods are taken sept

Nausea not too bad at moment although will prob come back now I've written it lol

Thank you ladies for your input

Annie x