Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thickened womb lining - so scared!  (Read 6940 times)

Taz2

Re: Thickened womb lining - so scared!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »

NICE guidelines state that

"Urgent referral:
Urgently refer women (appointment within
two weeks) if they are:
• Aged 55 and over with:
– Post-menopausal bleeding (unexplained
vaginal bleeding more than 12 months
after menstruation has stopped due to
the menopause).

Consider urgent referral (appointment within two
weeks) if they are:
• Aged under 55 with:
– Post-menopausal bleeding."

It's just standard procedure Mojo so try not to worry. The standard letter will go out to all age groups I expect so it reminds younger people that they have a right to be seen within two weeks if any of their symptoms are considered to be a possible cancer. In post menopausal women they always have to be seen within two weeks if they present with post menopausal bleeding.

Taz x  :hug:

Mojo61

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »

Oh yes Taz, I fall into the first category as I'm 55.

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:42 PM »

I hope it helped to see that you are being referred because guidelines say you have to be and not because anything untoward has been found.

Taz x  :hug:

matildamouse

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 02:28:15 AM »

Hugs Mojo, hope you hear soon what is going on. I can understand you feeling very concerned and worried.

Mojo61

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »

Well I'm still waiting for my results (had the biopsy on 10th August) Today I got a letter which I thought were the results but in fact it was just a copy of the letter the consultant had sent to my GP after I had my biopsy. The date on the letter was 11th August yet I've only just received it - sigh...

Anyway, this is what he wrote:

'On speculum examination she does have a small benign looking endocervical polyp which was removed in the clinic and sent for histology. I have taken a pipelle endometrial biopsy as the ultrasound you requested suggested an endometrial thickness of 8-9mm. I will liaise regarding the results. If these are normal I would suggest that she has a combination of the Mirena IUS and external oestrogen, either tablet or patches'

I'm still panicking, and still bleeding!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

What you panicking about?  Your Consultant has sent info to your GP.   You could ring your GP for reassurance?

Mojo61

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »

What you panicking about?  Your Consultant has sent info to your GP.   You could ring your GP for reassurance?

Because I still don't know if I have cancer or not!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 05:56:29 PM »

:bighug:  I hope that if the Consultant 'saw' something untoward the histology would be fast tracked.  From the report it looks like there's nothing sinister, but do ring your GP or Practice Nurse and ask for the report to be explained: then let us know!

linz57

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 06:35:09 PM »

Hi mojo61, all the waiting and wondering is very anxiety inducing as I know. Back in May/June I was fast tracked due to bleeding and I ended up having a hysteroscopy and a D&C.
All was fine thankfully even though my womb lining was thickened.
Although I can't say for certain, I would have thought if anything untoward was found , you would have been contacted sooner. I watched and waited every day for the postman but as the days went by I started to relax more. Hope you can too  :hug:

dangermouse

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »

I've found that the NHS don't tell you when things are ok, they apparently just let you know very quickly if they aren't,  so you'll probably just get another letter with a follow up appointment in 3 months.

I was rushed through for an MRI after growths were found on my liver during a CT scan. I never heard back so called the secretary a month later and she just said if you haven't heard anything it means nothing (beyond benign) was found as you would have been contacted immediately for more tests etc.

I guess they just don't have the time to let us know and assume we realise all is fine.
Pages: 1 [2]