Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: More oestrogen  (Read 1459 times)

Jinja

More oestrogen
« on: July 28, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »

Hi,
It's 2 months I had a mirena fitted I bled lightly for a couple of weeks and everything has been good since. A month ago I started 2 pumps of oestrogel apart from a couple of bad headaches in the first week everything has been good it has stopped the hot flushes and night sweats but then this week I've been very hormonal and pre menstrual with some spotting today and my worse symptom nausea! I know you can still have periods with a mirena but I was hoping the pms and especially the nausea would be better.
Will increasing the oestrogen improve things. I am due to see my GP for a review but I've just found out the GP I was seeing has left the practice so feel I'll be starting over again when I go back. It took me 18 months to convince her I was peri
Thanks

dangermouse

Re: More oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »

I personally found my nausea was caused by too low progesterone and too high oestrogen, early in cycle when prog falls and mid cycle when oestrogen peaks.

I am on the combined pill but still get all the cycle fluctuations as peri seems to cause hormones to be more erratic.