Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello from a newbie to this site but not to the Menopause  (Read 1964 times)

kimmycoo36

Hello from a newbie to this site but not to the Menopause
« on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:04 PM »

Hi my name is Kim and I am 45.   I started on the Menpause in 2004.  Before that I had a Chemo for Aplastic Anaemia and Non Hodhkins Lymphoma and had a Bone Marrow Transplant...  The Chemo sent me into early MP when I was 34.   I have been on Patches for 12 years (Evorel Conti) and in Feb this year I decided to change over to tablet form (Climesse - 2mg)...  This made me feel incredibly sick, sometimes actually throwing up.  This lasted for around 12 weeks ish.  I stopped the Climesse in April and since then I have had 4 bleeds!!  A few weeks ago the doctor took a blood test to see how to continue with my HRT as I wanted to go back on the Patches as I had had NO problem with them what so ever.   Long story short, got my blood results back on Monday and my hormones levels are completely NORMAL!!!!!!!  :o  I am very confused as is my doctor.  He is now referring me on to the Gynae at my local hospital.   I am a little bit worried.  Can anyone shed any light on this for me at all?   

Thank you and I look forward to chatting to you all soon  :)

Kim

Taz2

Re: Hello from a newbie to this site but not to the Menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:04:44 PM »

Hi Kim - after a quick search around the internet I found quite a few posts from women who were told that they were in menopause following chemo but whose periods then returned some years after so it seems as if this can happen. Have you had any menopausal symptoms since stopping the HRT?

Let us know how you get on at your appointment

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »

Also, contact the Oncologist to see what his take is ? 

Make notes !  Did you have any contact with your Bone Marrow Donor?  We were both on the list for many years and Himslef was called to London but the match wasn't quite 'close enough'  :sigh:

How do you feel in general?

kimmycoo36

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »

Hi there

Thanks for your replies...  Yes I still get hot sweats but I am also type 2 diabetic... I had my Bone Marrow transplant in 2001 and started on Menopause in 2004... The gap is quite long I think from BMT to MENO?...  My bone marrow donor was my sister.  She is 6 years younger than me and I was extremely lucky she was a full match.   I feel at the moment I am in a PMT phase...  Im more moodier than ever and I dont like it lol  Dont think my DP likes it either lol   

I am a little worried with it being 12 years...  In 2007 my DP and I wanted a child and I went for tests... I also had the internal ultrasound which showed only 3 eggs left.  The chemo obviously saw my egg supply off and I thank the lord I already had kids.  Shame on my DP who hasnt got any though.

I will defo be posting again to let yo know how the appointment went at the hozzy...

Thank you again

Kim xxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 12:29:23 PM »

:-* :-* :-*  :foryou:

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »

Hi kimmycoo36

:welcomemm: from me too.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. When you say your blood tests were normal - what does this mean and what did they measure? Normal for menopause or what? I would ask for your actual results.

Let us know how you get on...

Hurdity x