Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Angry world  (Read 8218 times)

Joyce

Angry world
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »

How many more are going to die? So sad to hear of events in Japan & France, again.

It's now becoming an almost daily event.

Taz2

Re: Angry world
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 12:13:49 PM »

I agree CG - the trouble is that for lots of the world it has been an almost daily event for years but it hasn't affected us and goes largely unreported - just a brief "25 people were killed today in a market place by a suicide bomb...." sandwiched between other news items.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »

Very true Taz. Terribly sad nonetheless. 😢

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:02 PM »

It just makes me feel so helpless.

Taz x  :'(

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »

We went to see what was on at our local cinema. It had been evacuated. Our thoughts immediately went into overdrive. Turns out they had a leak after torrential rain. Terrible that we were thinking the worst, but with everything that's been happening of late, can you blame us?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 03:46:48 PM »

I think I'm right in saying that all the atrocities in recent weeks and months have been carried out in the name of ISIS apart from the horrific incident in Japan.

It is complete and utter madness for countries to be allowing people in who they know nothing about. Many of us warned months ago that this would happen but we were labelled racists.  To my mind any country should only be allowing people in who can support themselves, work in a skill area that the country needs and whose background can be verified.

ITs just too risky to do otherwise.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 06:32:09 PM »

stable doors and bolting horses come to mind as these people are probably already in the countries now  :(

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 07:11:28 PM »

stable doors and bolting horses come to mind as these people are probably already in the countries now  :(

OF course it's too late.  They're all over Europe and we can't say they didn't warn us!  They warned last summer that they would infiltrate Europe posing as migrants. Anybody who believed this wasn't true is a fool.   

This is from November 2015.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:13:40 PM by Pennyfarthing »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »

However: if the Media stopped giving these people the 5 mins. of 'fame' and have a media black-out; don't say who might be responsible……… why does the public need to know who or why?  What I want to know is that the Government of the day is keeping me as safe as possible and I don't believe that Armed Police are going to help much.  By the time they get to react it's all over  :-\.

Every time a plane goes over and we get a lot in the Midlands, I worry in case it breaks up above our village; it's Bcome a bit of an obsession in recent weeks  :-[

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »

Likewise in Aberdeen CLKD. We also have helicopters due to oil traffic. Scary up there!

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »

Helis can be unstable at the best of times  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »

Tell me about it! Hubby has an app & he checks heights of incoming helicopter flights. Many come in too low. He complained to company involved via airport & was told his info was incorrect. They are so low we can almost wave to those on board. Many beside us have complained, but to no avail. Sorry I digress!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »

I would be angry about that, surely the Aviation Authority has a duty to investigate?  Maybe your local newspaper ;-) ……

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 07:57:25 AM »

However: if the Media stopped giving these people the 5 mins. of 'fame' and have a media black-out; don't say who might be responsible……… why does the public need to know who or why?  What I want to know is that the Government of the day is keeping me as safe as possible and I don't believe that Armed Police are going to help much.  By the time they get to react it's all over  :-\.

Every time a plane goes over and we get a lot in the Midlands, I worry in case it breaks up above our village; it's Bcome a bit of an obsession in recent weeks  :-[

The public have a right to know and there's no way a media black out would be possible.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »

I think you will find out a lot that the Public do not have a 'right' to know …… and by media reporting this is giving any terrorist or un-hinged person air time, therefore fuelling their obsession. 

For example, no one has a 'right' to know my medical history unless I want them to know the ins and outs!
Pages: [1] 2