Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New menopause study  (Read 3341 times)

Elizabethrose

New menopause study
« on: July 26, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »

Janice68

Re: New menopause study
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:34:45 PM »

Interesting article!! Insomnia part is the cause of worry the grief  it causes the body no end!! Yet some people don't suffer from insomnia in meno. There so lucky!!! Not fair!!

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »

I was told by the nurse that insomnia wasn't a symptom of meno  ???

However, when I had it, it wasn't like not sleeping when you are stressed.  I just failed to fall asleep properly, staying in the state where you are about to fall asleep for hours, off an on, until I crashed out when the birds started singing.

I had a son who did not sleep for years, followed by twins who slept through before he did and cannot abide not sleeping  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »

I've always had insomnia leading, eventually, to fibromyalgia. I've always hated sleeping and my poor mum and dad were awake so much that they eventually couldn't sleep properly either. Two of my three sons wouldn't sleep and they are the same in adulthood. It is most frustrating when I read that poor sleep leads to poor health but you can't seem to change the way your body works.

I know that feeling dahliagirl - I liken it to being in a swimming pool and never being able to dive right to the bottom - only managing to get just below the surface.

Taz x

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:16:03 PM »

Yes - it is very much like the swimming pool.

It is also really annoying when you can feel yourself just about to drop off.  So you get a huge adrenaline surge of excitement at the prospect  :bouncing:  and then you are wide awake again. >:(

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »

Thanks Elizabethrose, that was an interesting article.  The case for using HRT gets stronger doesn't it?

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »

And you age faster if you have an early menopause...they didn't need to bother doing any research, I could have told them that  >:(  41 going on 70...

Dana

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »

However, when I had it, it wasn't like not sleeping when you are stressed.  I just failed to fall asleep properly, staying in the state where you are about to fall asleep for hours, off an on, until I crashed out when the birds started singing.

I had a son who did not sleep for years, followed by twins who slept through before he did and cannot abide not sleeping  ;)

It's women like this that I hope menopause hits hard for. Then we'll see how smug and "knowledgeable" they are.

Insomnia is/was my major symptom. I could live with the hot flushes, but when I could go for days on end with literally no sleep at all, when I had been a perfect sleeper my entire life, then I have every right to get a wee bit miffed at women like that.  :cuss:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:12:41 AM by Dana »

Janice68

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:40 AM »

It's women like this that I hope menopause hits hard for. Then we'll see how smug and "knowledgeable" they are.

Insomnia is/was my major symptom. I could live with the hot flushes, but when I could go for days on end with literally no sleep at all, when I had been a perfect sleeper my entire life, then I have every right to get a wee bit miffed at women like that.  :cuss:

I agree Dana!!!