Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello I'm new  (Read 4422 times)

Lorraine L

Re: Hello I'm new
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »

Hello ladies,
Well seen doctor and she says I'm at the PERI stage.
Now I'm not really sure what that means other than the early stages of the menopause.

I explained all my symptoms, irregular periods, hot and sweaty moments and the aches and pains in my bones and body.
She did have a prod around my knuckles and asked if anything hurt but it didn't. I think she was thinking arthritis.

I told her that I'd been taking either paracetamol, nurofen or nurofen plus (only at night) between 3 and 4 times a week for a year now (which really concern me) but she said its ok as long as I take the nurofen after food which I always do.
To be honest the tablets don't seem to be doing much now anyway.

She did offer me HRT which I declined. I don't really want to start taking it but I said I would consider taking it if I got to a really bad point.

Also she very politely and diplomatically said to exercise more and lose weight which I do agree with her. She said I would feel better for it. I don't get upset because I know she's right.

So I went shopping after doctors and treated myself to a cream cake. No no honestly I didn't (that was just a pathetic joke) I treated myself to a box of Menopace Plus. I'm going to read the leaflet and also read up about 'PERI' as I really don't know much at all.

So I suppose I now know and do feel a bit happier. I'm going to try and walk at least once a day between clients, even if it's just to the local shops. Hopefully shed some poundage too.

Thank you ladies for your advice and sound words. Just got to see how things go. Xx

Cecelia

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 01:28:53 PM »

Hello Lorraine

Glad that went ok. You sound just like me. I'm taking ibuprofen a few nights a week just to help with the severe aches. I sometimes resort to a sleeping tablet to help me nod off otherwise it can take ages. I can really sympathise as I find the more I keep busy or even try to exercise the more pain I'm in. (Need to lose a couple of stone!)

Although I don't have any answers it's almost a relief that I'm not alone going through all this. Trying to write this cuddling grandchild who I look after 3 days a week! I love it but doesn't help the aches :)

C xx

Lorraine L

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »

Hi Cecilia,
It is reassuring knowing I'm not alone 👍 
I too have a granddaughter that is almost 2 but I look after her one day a week. It is so rewarding but yes some days when the aches and pains are bad it's hard work.
I had a day off from looking after her yesterday as I felt really down. I actually walked up to her house to greet her from her afternoon nap because I missed her so much.
Thanks for your reply xx
Pages: 1 [2]