Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: descisions  (Read 1827 times)

robotwars

descisions
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:14:13 PM »

Hi!
Can I just ask you knowledgeable people a question? I have a doctors appointment on the 1st August and I'm trying to work out the best route for me to take. I have tried many different HRT treatments and I'm currently not using any as I decided to stop it and see where I was at after reacting badly to femoston 2/10.
The treatment which I had the most success on was femseven patches and I felt good on the progesterone phase which is levonorgestrel. On the evorel sequi patches my mood just dropped and I just cried all the time and was so low on them.  On the pill forms I just had so many digestive problems.
Since stopping I have noticed that my symptoms are vaginal dryness and recurring water infections etc - I'm wondering if this is VA, body aches and not sleeping,
I was wondering about asking to try osteogel but wondered if there was any progesterone I could use that is similar to levonorgestrel .
The reason my doctor changed me from the femseven patches was because he said that the patches were not strong enough to overcome my symptoms so upped me to femoston 2/10
Or do I just try some vagiflem or something similar to try and overcome the VA symptoms....
Just so confused...... by the way I'm in peri, and since stopping the HRT I still haven't had  a period and its been 6 weeks now..

Dancinggirl

Re: descisions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:52 PM »

You may not have had a period because you are going deeper into the peri stage and the periods will be more erratic - you are also getting more meno symptoms by the sound of it.
You probably need Vagifem local oestrogen for your dryness and VA.  If you felt good on the levonorgestrel then why not have a Mirena fitted and use Oestrogel or oestrogen patches alongside to help with meno symptoms and the VA?
The Mirena has levonorgestrel in it but less is absorbed systemically so fewer side effects overall - one of the benefits of the Mirena is that it reduces and, after time, usually stops all bleeding and you can use as little or as much oestrogen alongside to control all symptoms without the bother of periods and bleeding!!!

Dg xxx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:44:50 PM »

I was also going to suggest the Mirena as apart from very light spotting ( 15 weeks and counting, hoping it will stop eventually!) I have no side effects.
I use an Estradot patch, but there is the Oestrogel as well.
I would not leave the VA get something for that asap.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »

Yep - vaginal atrophy is a separate issue from general HRT requirements.  Local application of oestrogen on a regular basis will hopefully, 'cure' symptoms which mimic urine 'infections'.

Get thyself into the Surgery pronto  ;) and ask for VA treatment.