Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Acne  (Read 4995 times)

Lizab

Acne
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:24:10 PM »

Any home remedies for cyclical breakouts? I've had a little of this premenstrual breaking out in my mouth/chin area for years, but these last two months since starting hrt it seems worse. Big, angry, painful, hard cyst type blemishes that couldn't be popped if I wanted to. I definitely don't want to go the antibiotic route with it. Does anyone use Retin A or retinol with any success? Since it only lasts a week or so I'd really like  a home remedy. This is new to me as I never had skin issues as a teen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Acne
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »

I have had these in the last 6 months  >:( - begins as an itch, next thing a large, hard spot which fortunately doesn't redden unless I pick at it: which I do  ::).  A good cleansing routine helped B4 C.mas and my skin cleared.  I now have 2 more 
>:(  :-[

Clearsil after a clean flannel in very hot water over the face, no soap, has worked!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 05:50:11 PM »

My spots got bad around Christmas time and in desperation I bought Clinique spot treatment gel and I find this great - it really seems to calm things down - those nasty hard lumps seem to go over a couple of days.  I now use it everyday on the areas that tend to be prone to outbreaks and it seems to keep the spots way quite well. I still get red lumpy rashes under my chin that come and go - seems to be an age thing!!!!! DG x

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 06:47:26 PM »

Thanks ladies! I remember liking the Clean and Clear when I was a teen. I never needed anything special but it was one of the few products that didn't irritate my pale sensitive skin. And I'm looking into that Clinique spot treatment too.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 07:08:15 PM »

Skin hygiene has been important for me, clean flannels and face towels often. 

Lizab

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »

Thanks CKLD! I wash morning and night. And generally my skin is so dry that washing with anything besides water and a face cloth causes irritation breakouts. But this is definitely a cyclical hormonal thing. Like you said, they don't redden too much if I leave them alone, but I constantly rub it. If I pick at them they do go away, after the giant scabs heal ;D I'm not usually vane, but I'm the whole package right now, hairy everything, face spots, wrinkles and flaking dry skin, saggy boobs, flat behind, tummy bulge. My ears are not droopy yet though, so there's my single remaining claim to sexy!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »

I am as I type trying to squeeze the one on my right cheek  >:( - not easy to do!  ::)

Noodle

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »

Another vote here for the Clinique anti blemish gel.  I gave my friend some for her cyst type ones and she thinks it is the best thing on the planet!

Briony

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »

Clinique Anti Blemish definitely helps, but in the end I found a long term course of low dose antibiotics to be the only proper 'cure'. Not ideal, I know, but it cleared up the angry mini-mountains on my face!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »

Sometimes picking the spots can cause under-lying infection which is where the ABs help. 

I am not on any HRT except Ovestin1g ………

Niamh

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 04:30:38 PM »

Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Vanishing Formula 21g https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000052YJX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_aE-axbNV18DKD

Id recommend this you can get it on Amazon and it contains benzoyl peroxide which I think is one of the first things a GP might prescribe. I've had the most awful full blown acne breakout on my shoulders from testosterone which I've now had to stop using but this cream is excellent it's very drying but if you dab a bit on the problem areas it clears it v fast just use good no oil based moisturiser too x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »

:thankyou:

laquesabe

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 11:18:08 AM »

can anyone tell me which hormones are causing these outbreaks, please ?...Or which lack of hormones ? thanks