Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 4 months into Estradiol/Utrogestan - heavy monthly bleed  (Read 1573 times)

Jenny561

• First Flush
4 months into Estradiol/Utrogestan - heavy monthly bleed
« on: September 07, 2016, 01:53:55 PM »

Hi all this is my first post. I Have been looking through the Forum & wondering whether anyone else suffering same or can offer any advice?. I am 55 and approx. 22 months postmenopause. I have been using Estradiol gel 1 pump daily and Utrogestan 100mg daily (vaginally) for about 4 months. After approx. 4 weeks I started to get a very heavy (flooding on second day and night) monthly bleed. I initially took the Utrogestan 25 days on 3 days off. I have since tried continual use and also 12-15 days a month. All of this to no avail. I still am getting a heavy monthly bleed which tapers off completely after 5 or so days. This kind of echos what was my regular monthly cycle prior to menopause. I am really keen on staying on the Estradiol/Utrogestan regime as it has completely eradicated all of the horrendous menopausal symptoms which I was previously experiencing. I would go back to my GP but she had little knowledge around HRT (not yet menopausal herself) and I had to tell her what I wanted (bio-identical).

With thanks & apologies if I have missed a post which dealt with similar previously.

Jenny

vintagefiend

Re: 4 months into Estradiol/Utrogestan - heavy monthly bleed
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:51:42 AM »

Hi there- I'm not on that regime but i've noticed that there's a specific support group/thread on here: you have to type "estrogel utrogestan support" (that exact spelling) and it'll come up.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »

My bleeds were much heavier with Utrogestan than with other progesterones - I also got far worse cramps as well - the main reason I have stopped systemic HRT now. The continuous Utro gave me spotting/bleeding and cramps all the time as well so clearly Utro doesn't suit me. DG x

Jenny561

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:18:10 PM »

Thanks all for your helpful comments. I am going to persevere for now as infinitely preferable to Menopausal symptoms which I was getting previously, Hopefully all will settle down - I am an eternal optimist! x  ::)