Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: BUTTOCK ACHE !!!!!!! Aagh............  (Read 4180 times)

lifeasweknowit

BUTTOCK ACHE !!!!!!! Aagh............
« on: July 22, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »

Hello - I really hope I am in the right place here and someone can give me some advice.
I feel as though I am sitting on my bum bones (one side only) It is so uncomfortable and such a pain in the ass -no pun intended. I just cannot get comfortable at all.
I can feel real soreness right at the top of the crack of my bot. This sounds a bit weird but if I can manoeuvre myself about and sort of put a wedge between the top of my cheeks that sort of helps a bit.
I had a problem with my tailbone and had some McTimoney Chiropractic - she wacked the tailbone back into the right place and the discomfort has been there since.
I am using hot and cold heat pads to assist and that works sometimes but not every time.
I mentioned it when I went to the Dr's but she really wasnt in the slightest bit interested at all.
As any other poor person had the same sort of problem and how did they get on.
Really glad I found this site and many, many thanks for reading...........

I should point out that there is a tender spot at the top of my bum cheek which I have been massaging Deep Heat in - that helps until it wears off............ its the discomfort and soreness which really gets to me

Joyce

Re: BUTTOCK ACHE !!!!!!! Aagh............
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:59:15 PM »

:welcomemm:

Sounds like you need to speak to whoever did the procedure. You shouldn't be suffering like this.

lifeasweknowit

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

Thanks for reading :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:01:09 PM »

Hi lifeasweknowit

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:12:32 PM »

Hi lifeasweknowit - sorry to hear about your pain in the bum - could it be this http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/coccydinia/Pages/Introduction.aspx  due to your injury?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 09:14:58 AM »

Is this still as painful lifeasweknowit?

Taz x

lifeasweknowit

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 03:23:18 PM »

Yes it is - fell through the French windows as well - a bit like Del Boy  ::)
Thanks for asking.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 07:56:02 PM »

Any video?  ;D ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »

NO ONE should try to whack a bone 'back into place'  :bang: :bang: :bang: I had an injury to my coccyx as a child and had to sit on a cushion for years …….. can you imagine the feeling, walking into Big School carrying a huge cushion everywhere  :-\.  Moving up to Big School was bad enough  :-\

The coccyx should be a tail (something I would love to own, like a Snow Leopard  8)) and can be manipulated under GA but it has been found that this is rarely successful.  Over the counter pain relief, warm massage and sitting on a soft surface at all times will give relief.

Have you had an X-ray of the affected area?

andius

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »

I have a constant ache in my left buttock and left lower back. One doctor I saw said to try the yoga position called pigeon (there is a modified pigeon position also....you can google to see these), and I find that it helps quite a lot. You can start with the modified and move up to the full pigeon so you don't hurt yourself. It basically stretches the muscles there which apparently in me are quite tight.  I can get relief for about 2 days with one 5 minute session of pigeon! The muscles will burn some in your upper back thighs if you do it right. Try a short amount of time in this position for a couple of days till you get used to it and it will burn less.

Also, I try to do it on both sides even though the ache is just on the left because I don't want to be lopsided with tight muscles on one side and not the other. ;D

Good luck!

A