Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Loose stools and period pains around time of period, but no periods for 3 months  (Read 2349 times)

Dennylou48

Hi everyone, I have had no periods for 3 months now but every month when I am suppose to get One I get loose stools, does anyone else get this. Added to the reflux, spaced out head feeling and everything else, it's driving me mad . Please tell me this is normal, I spend my days worrying and it's taking over my life. Xx

Elizabethrose

Hi Dennylou48

I'm no expert, though am having an exceptionally long peri!

I had six months period free and continued to get period like symptoms at regular intervals. Our bodies continue having hormonal surges for about 2 years after meno, longer for some women. I don't know where you are in your peri and what age you are but why don't you read Machair's post where a number of us discuss this sort of stuff.

I'm going to cut and paste the post link and hope it works.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31902.0.html

Dennylou48

Hi elizabethrose, I'm 49 this year and 3 years in peri, had spotted for 6 months and nothing for the last 3 months so am keeping fingers crossed, have had a rough 3 years with alsorts including anxiety, spaced out head feelings, pins and needles, tingling legs, sleepless nights, night sweats, it's been a complete night mare, now the last week loose stools in the morning. I just want to feel normal again 😩😩😩😩😩

Elizabethrose

I feel for you, it sometimes feels as if it is never ending! I've definitely experienced most of the things you listed and could certainly add some more.

Do read up on Machair's post, it's very informative, supportive and somehow reassuring to read that other women are experiencing similar things. It's good to feel normal!! It helps me enormously if I can understand what is happening to me. I think most of the posters are either late stage peri or just through meno so the comments may well be relevant to you.

I wish you well.

Machair

Hi Dennylou48

I just thought I would come on to reassure you that you are not alone. This is so important, as without the friendship offered to me on this forum I would be in a right state. We talk about everything here openly and it helps no end.

First of all can you explain what you mean about spotting for 6 months- do you mean everyday or just every now and then? I can certainly say that I feel I am going through cycles, even when I don't bleed. For example recently I only went to the toilet once a day after breakfast, no urgency and no dramas. I also had PMT building so thought I was going to get a period. Then after 3 weeks the faintest hint of bleeding, and I mean blink and you would miss it, and then went probably 5 or 6 times in the morning, with some degree of urgency and felt a lot more anxious, as if I was about to start a period. Then PMT faded and fertile mucus started and the entire cycle began again but with no real bleed.

I think you may be producing hormones but not enough to generate a period but are still going through all the feelings. Oestrogen production doesn't stop after we stop ovulating- it flares- think sun flares and then subsides until it finally levels 1 -2 years after the last period. Hope this helps.x

Dennylou48

Hi by spotting I mean 3 days of hardly anything, had that for 6 months and nothing now for 3 months, I know when it's suppose to happen as I get a fuzzy spaced out feeling for a week or 2 then seems to give me a weeks break, I am also trying to contend with indigestive problems too. Wish it would just p.off. Thank you for all your replys, I seem to be on this site 24/7 just trying to reassure myself. Xx