Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: reversing the menopause!  (Read 5450 times)

Taz2

Re: reversing the menopause!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 07:05:23 AM »

Yes it works - thanks Roadrunner.

This is interesting because I have always read that we enter menopause when our ovaries have run out of the eggs we are born with? This seems to say that the ovaries stop issuing the eggs but by rejuvenating them it's possible to harvest more eggs.  I wonder if, in the future, women will automatically have eggs harvested for future use. Great news for those going through premature menopause though.

Taz x  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 07:38:45 PM »

Thanks for this Roadrunner - yes very interesting to see what happens, and if they do a larger study to check that the eggs are OK.

As mentioned it does raise the ethical question of encouraging older women to have children  (women age 46 - 49 were mentioned in the study - which I can't think many would agree with entirely - but for those with early menopause as you say Taz - it could be amazing news.

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »

This would be amazing for women who go through an early menopause, but my concern is that it would also lead to women in their 60s or maybe even 70s paying for this treatment and having babies when they are not fit enough to be mothers.