Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Weird feeling lower legs  (Read 4342 times)

meno lesley

Weird feeling lower legs
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:32:29 AM »

Hi

Well the latest in a long line of strange things is a feeling I have had in my lower legs for a few months now.  They feel tingling, numb, odd, and tight and is there constantly. I'm not sure if this is hormone related or not and was just wondering if anyone else had had this along the way? I'm on hrt and have had a bit of a bumpy ride over the last 5 years with hormones.

Many thanks

Lesley x

Dorothy

Re: Weird feeling lower legs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:42:54 PM »

Numbness & tingling are symptoms, but if it's constant, I would get it checked out just to be on the safe side. 

Hellie68

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:40:12 PM »

Hi, that was one of the symptoms I had when they diagnosed I was B12 deficient. It's worth going GP to have it checked out xx

meno lesley

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:49:16 PM »

Thank you for your replies, the whole thing is frightening me. Will try to get a b12 test if possible, as very difficult to get an appointment at my doctors.

Thank you

Lesley x

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »

Just remind yourself that health anxiety is also a symptom, so it's 'normal' to panic about any health symptom!

butterfly286

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »

Hi
The feeling in your lower legs has been a nightmare for me over the last 5 yrs it is hormonal, check if you are aneamic ? It's also to do with lack of magnesium, I've tried loads of stuff over the years but I have just discovered mag phos 8 tissue salts! It relieved my legs instantly!!! Wish I discovered years ago! Give it ago! C

meno lesley

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »

Thank you Butterfly will give it a go.

Lesley x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »

Make the appt at your GP Surgery sooner rather than later then!

Patientone

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 11:24:43 PM »

Oh gosh, I am so happy to see someone else has weird feelings in their lower legs. I get this mostly at night. It's the first sign that a hot flash is coming on.. it sort of tingles and hurts at the same time.

It's pretty bad, lasts about a minute and then I feel the heat. I liken it to the feeling I get in my feet if I am up really high and looking over the edge and looking down. I don't like heights and I have always gotten this strange scared/tingly/pain in my lower legs..

Now it happens before a hot flash..

meno lesley

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 11:50:30 PM »

Hi

When all this kicked off with strange things happening I thought that I had ticked off most of the 34 meno symptoms listed but seem to be faced continuously with another odd one popping up.

Lesley x