Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti  (Read 2183 times)

Twiglet58

Evorel conti
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:26:09 PM »

Hello. I've just started on Evorel conti but still getting hot flushes, any idea how long it will be before they stop with the HRT. Many thanks

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »

Flushes usually stop pretty quickly with patch HRT - so hopefully yours will reduce pretty soon. Is this the first HRT you've taken and if so how long since your last period?

Hurdity x

Twiglet58

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:40:41 PM »

This is my second lot of HRT. I took Evorel 50 but stopped in January this year as Ive been suffering with anxiety and depression. Just started Evorel conti last Friday. Not had a period since stopping the other HRT  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »

What did you use as the progesterone part of the HRT when you were taking the Evorel 50? It is supposed to help with depression not cause it  :-\

When was your last period? - if it's less than 12 months ago then you shouldn't normally be taking Evorel conti anyway - you should still be on Evorel sequi which is designed to give a withdrawal bleed like with a normal period.

Hurdity x

Twiglet58

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:06:05 PM »

Hi
I took Evorel 50 for two years and had a normal monthly bleed. Stopped in January as could be sure the HRT wasn't causing depression. Only bled as I stopped the patches. Wanted to start HRT again as can't cope with hot flushes.
Twiggy x

kew

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 04:59:15 AM »

I found that my flushes got worse for the first few weeks on Evorel conti and then they disappeared completely.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 08:12:39 PM »

Do you mean you were taking Evorel sequi  which is two weeks of Evorel 50 followed by two weeks of Evorel conti, or were you just boosting your oestrogen under gynae supervision, without extra progestogen?

If you were having a normal monthly bleed with the Evorel 50 and only stopped in January, then you should really be taking Evorel sequi - as Evorel conti is for women whose periods stopped 12 months ago and are therefore most likely post-menopausal. If you are over 54 then also the doc might start Evorel conti as 80 % of women are post-meno by then. Some docs give Evorel conti to peri women either in error or to help control heavy bleeding or if peri is fairly advanced to see if periods will stop.  In the latter case, if bleeding becomes irregular then Evorel sequi is recommended.

Hope that doesn't read confusingly!

Hurdity x