Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pain in thighs  (Read 2107 times)

Bev1

Pain in thighs
« on: July 19, 2016, 06:16:58 PM »

Hi im 52 and havent had a period for 3months but have all the pre menstrual symptoms, painful breasts dragging pain low in the pelvis but also getting pain in top o right leg, thigh area, it is worrying me, and i wonder if anyone else has these symptoms x

Lizab

Re: Pain in thighs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 06:27:35 PM »

My last couple of natural periods I had lower pelvic and thigh aches, at times in the hip area too. I would say it's normal, but nothing about me is normal, so I'll just say you aren't alone!

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 07:19:07 PM »

I'm 47 and still have periods. Usually 28-30 days apart, sometimes only 21 days. The last couple of years or so, my periods have been lighter and less painful. But I actually seem to have more pain inbetween. Similar to what both of you describe. Normal, I don't know...?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »

Hi Bev1

:welcomemm:

When I stopped HRT for 3 months as well as the return of my hot flushes and sweats I started getting body aches and in particular the one that you describe - a low dragging pelvic ache - which I only relieved in the evening by sitting with legs up on a sofa. Once I re-started my HRT the pains disappeared.

Unfortunately a lot of these symptoms come and go as hormones surge up and down during peri-menopause.
Have a read of this article if you're interested: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hurdity x

Bev1

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:07:27 PM »

Thankyou, i am a worrier but feel better now x