Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help with changing HRT... AGAIN, sigh....  (Read 1958 times)

Drdog

Help with changing HRT... AGAIN, sigh....
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »

Hi all, I'm 48, have been battling early menopause since 2nd child born 6 years ago.  Was on Elleste Duet (couldn't cope with the progesterone), then Tibolone (felt normal for 2 months, then it stopped working).... finally got lucky with Femseven Conti. Sadly it is now unavailable for at least the next year and I've been struggling with every alternative... have tried Evorel Conti (shivery cold to the core and low mood...just as I felt on Elleste Duet),  Femoston Conti (eyes finally felt good but the insomnia and vivid dreams were exhausting). I've just been put onto an Oestrogen only patch and oral Utrogestan...which has wired me to the moon.  I finally got to sleep at 4am this morning. I simply cannot take it again tonight as I have 2 kids to stay patient with ... one with Autism. I am at my wits end as to how to move forward. I also have had 2 aura migraines in the last few months (both came on 1 hour after Parkrun).... and GP is a bit concerned as these used to be a contradiction to HRT, although the HRT clinic assure me it's ok.  I'm wondering if I should try Femoston again and just put up with the exhausting dreams.  Baffled....
Sorry about the ramble, but if you have any words of wisdom I'd be very grateful. Thank you xx

Marsha11

Re: Help with changing HRT... AGAIN, sigh....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 09:38:25 PM »

Hi, Femseven Conti suited me perfectly, where no other HRT did.  I am quite petrified as to what will happen when my supply runs out, but I have been doing some research and there are patches that feed the same ingredients as Femseven Conti, they are called Climara, but here is the bad news....they are in USA and Canada.  Not sure if there is a possibility of obtaining these with a prescription from the UK, but I am going to my doctor later this month and will be seeking the answer to this.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:29:34 PM »

I was told that if you suffered with migraines it was better to use transdermal HRT.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 07:45:11 AM »

Yes agree with Tinkerbell - probably best not to go back to tablets re migraines.

Have you thought of the Mirena coil for the prog part along with Femseven patches? The progestogen in it is the same as in Femseven so at least you would know that you tolerated it?

The other alternative is to continue with what you are taking but have the progesterone cyclically which would involve a withdrawal bleed. OK you might not want this but most women are still having periods at your age. This would mean you had just over a couple of weeks a month on oestrogen only? You could then take the utrogestan vaginally which minimises side effects  - which most women don't want to do on a continuous basis.

Hurdity x

roseandthorn

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 02:44:36 PM »

I looked into into Climara but the dosage in the patch is not  equivalent to FemSeven Conti, sadly. I am wearing my final FemSeven Conti patch and am very nervous about the switch to the oestrogen only patch plus utrogestan in a day or so. I think I'll try the utrogestan vaginally after reading suggestions on these boards. I'm still so cross about the FemSeven outage. It was a low does that worked so well for me. But I'm keeping an eye on when it comes back into production which is supposed to be after a period of testing later in this year. Fingers crossed.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 07:05:55 PM »

roseandthorn - hvae you considered the Mirena coil which has the same progestogen most of which is delivered locally to the uterus? Could then be used with Femseven oestrogen only patch.

Hurdity x

roseandthorn

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 09:02:02 AM »

Yes indeed. It's the next thing if the patch/utrogestan doesn't suit. I wasn't keen as I've never had a coil before and it feels invasive but I know it has the same type of progesterone as in the FemSeven combined patches. We'll see.