Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 and bowl problems  (Read 6733 times)

Jackie_w

Femoston 2/10 and bowl problems
« on: July 17, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »

Hello

Just wondering if anyone who has been on Femoston has suffered from stomach pain and diarrhoea?

I've been on Femoston since February, everything fine.  I had bad wind which is stated as a side effect, but at the beginning of June I had bad stomach pain and diarrhoea, then following week it happened again, then 2 weeks later and again this weak.  Once I've been to the toilet, the stomach pain goes away but it leaves me feeling week and very tired?? I've made an appointment with my doctor, but can't be seen until next week.

It's really getting me down, I'm scared to go out the house because when my stomach gets sore, it comes out of nowhere and I really need to get to the toilet. I'm also scared to eat anything because I can't pin down if it's something I'm eating?

Jackie

robotwars

Re: Femoston 2/10 and bowl problems
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »

Hi Jackie
I have had the same problems with femoston 2/10, in the end 3 weeks ago I stopped taking it as my weight went down to 8 and half stone, I was so tired and exhausted, and didn't know what to eat, I have a doctors appointment on 1st August, I have had to wait 5 weeks for this appointment, I had it slightly with other HRT but this was the worse................. I was constantly taking immodium just to get through the day...... I now don't know what to do......

Jackie_w

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:44:21 PM »

Thank you for replying I have had a terrible day today with stomach pain although no diarrhoea.
I have actually been in tears today because of it, this evening I went to the chemist to get something but it's closed early (usually opened until 10.30pm).  I've had to phone NHS 24 so am waiting on them calling back.   I feel really guilty calling them but I can't go through the night with this.  The only thing I have at home is paracetamol and this isn't working.

If HRT gives you stomach pain I'm coming off it.

Robot why are you having to wait until the 1st August for your doctors appointment?  Is this for your GP? X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:56:31 PM »

Hi Jackie_w

Sorry to hear about your stomach pain. I must say I would have thought you would have had problems sooner if HRT was the cause although I know that tablet HRT can cause digestive problems in some women. If that does turn out to be the case, then all is not lost! Transdermal HRT ( through the skin) is available and recommended so you would be able to try one of the  combi patches or gel with separate progesterone.

It is good that you are going to the doctor though to get checked out - all digestive problems that persist should be investigated.

The other thing is - even if something else is causing the digestive upset, you will not be absorbing the HRT very well so transdermal HRT would be preferable anyway. Do make sure you eat though..... try bland foods that are gentle on the stomach but if you can't eat properly for some time then make sure you take some sort of vitamin and iron tonic and maybe cod liver oil (not both at same time though!)?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Jackie_w

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 09:44:45 PM »

Thanks Hurdy still waiting in NHS 24 getting back to me.

I too thought if it was the HRT causing the tummy pain I would have had it sooner, but I had also read it can sometimes take about 3 months for the HRT to really settle into your system.

WHen I first started taking Femoston I was going to the toilet a lot more regular and I noticed things were a bit soft (sorry TMI) but it wasn't diahorrea. 

matildamouse

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 06:38:44 AM »

Jackie I get stomach and back pain(like period type of pain)  which I think is related to the oral progesterone capsules I take. But I do not get the diarrhoea part...in fact I am more inclined to constipation. How are you feeling today?

Jackie_w

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:53:50 AM »

Hi Matildamouse, I'm still feeling a bit yucky this morning.  NHS 24 called me back about 11.30 last night told me to take gaviscon and Rantidine as they thought would be trapped wind. I can see why they thought that because of where the pain was, but I don't think it was.  They did tell me if that didn't ease the pain to call them back. So I went out to the 24 hour supermarket to get them , took them but an hour later the pain was still there, however, I ended up having diahorrea and the pain went away.

I'm worried incase the doctors say it's IBS as there is nothing they can do for that, and I feel it will be a case of you just need to deal with it.  I can understand why people get depressed having that if they get not a lot of warning as to when they need to get to a toilet quickly x

matildamouse

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »

Sounds a bit like IBS symptoms...and yes it is understandable thst people develop an anxiety around these issues. Hope you feel better soon.

Sickntired

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 08:45:22 AM »

I don't know what I'd do without this website! That's twice I've practically have to self diagnose against my better (for once) judgement of self diagnosis!   Previously it was progesterone induced body rash,  and thanks to googling Femeston this page came up from the list.  I'm waiting an ultrasound as I happened to mention amongst other things to a young but frankly trying to be switched on GP.   He thought my bowel problems of a month could be a cyst - poss now thinking wrong but at least not ruling out seeking answer and happy to indeed refer me to a local menopause clinic as I feel not necessarily need more or any meds - just solid research and experience backed advice.  Not felt healthy for a month .  What popped into my head last night was last week I was determined and focused , this weekend and past three days like half -shut- knife,  got nowt done and can't think straight . Last night it dawned on me on second part of tablet strip- the white ones,  so thought I'd look at if that's lower level and therefore I'm hormone empty(!) Which would explain brain deadness!    Christ!  Ive been in anxiety for a week tryim to keeep myself rational thinking i may have bowel cancer.....
Why the he'll don't they just  send us all to menopause clinics in the first place and get concise clear treatment instead of patchy , inconsistent and noncommittal 😡