Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Irregular periods with Everol Sequi - is this normal?  (Read 1125 times)

Indigojo

Irregular periods with Everol Sequi - is this normal?
« on: July 16, 2016, 06:03:56 PM »

Hello everyone, has anyone else experienced irregular periods with Everol Sequi? Background..... At 48 I'd had 2 periods in 21 months and was originally prescribed Everol Conti. 6 weeks after starting I had break through bleeding that went on for a month and following advice from this forum, I went back to the GP who immediately changed me to Sequi (thank you ladies :-) )
I was told to start sequi immediately and after 4 days, my bleeding stopped. My second period started 2 days after starting Everol50 which seemed okay as it was around 26 days from my last one but since then I've had 2 weeks of Conti, 2 weeks of 50 and am now on my 1st week of Conti again so it's been 6 weeks in total since my last period. Is this normal??
As always, any advice is greatly appreciated  :thankyou:
Xx

Hurdity

Re: Irregular periods with Everol Sequi - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »

Hi Indigojo - your post got missed probably because it's a weekend! If you are peri-menopausal then your own cycle may still be breaking through at odd times but taking HRT sequentially means that your bleed will usually be more predictable. With some women it comes early (while still on the combi patches) and in others just after going back onto the oestrogen only ones. The further into menopause you get the more predictable it should be. You will always get a bit of pmt though when you change from one type to another as the body adjusts to the different hormones.

As you are finding sometimes women don't bleed at all - and in fact it says on here that 15% of women don't bleed on a sequential HRT. It just means your lining hasn't built up enough to shed that month.

Also when you changed to the sequi - it depends on where in your cyclre you were if you started a new pack straight away, so you may well be out of sync for a bit!

Don't worry :)

Hurdity x

Indigojo

Re: Irregular periods with Everol Sequi - is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:01:23 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thanks for your reply, that's really reassuring  :)
Best wishes
Indigojo xx