Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What toys do you remember from your childhood  (Read 17054 times)

babyjane

What toys do you remember from your childhood
« on: July 13, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »

Had

Pogo stick, stilts, roller skates, jacks, marbles, Hornby train set, Matchbox cars (think I was supposed to be a boy  :-\), golly (am I allowed to put that)

wanted

space hopper, doll, dolls pram, scooter, teddy of my own that hadn't belonged to someone else

Annie0710

Re: What toys do you remember from your childhood
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:50:49 PM »

Had:
Lego, fuzzy felt, stickle bricks, Spirograph, felt tips, colouring books, dolls

Wanted:
Sindy and lots of accessories so bad

Annie x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:32 PM »

Rubber bricks (before Lego) which were my brothers.
Old teddies
Baby dolls
Small pram which looked like Silver Cross carriage ones  ;D
Sindy doll & her wardrobe full of clothes
Spirograph
Fuzzy felt
Brother's roller skates

Janice68

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 02:55:37 PM »

I remember my dolls house I used to enjoy moving furniture around and so to with the dolls.
Of course Cindy dolls and make up kits and her wardrobe.
I also loved my  black and gold musical Jewellery box and when opened the fairy wld go round and round with a tune. Thinking about it now a bit magical!!

walking the dog

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:14:21 PM »

Roller skates skipping ropes footsies clackers jacks and chucks wanted a dolls world wasn't allowed

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 03:18:10 PM »

anyone remember french skipping with a length of elastic between two sets of feet?

getting_old

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 03:18:53 PM »

Sindy dolls
Roller skates
Dolls and pram, but really, really wanted a go-kart

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:58 PM »

I remember one Christmas at school we all had to say what we would like from Father Christmas at the school christmas party.  A little boy in my class wanted a pop gun.  I couldn't think of anything to say as I was not allowed to ask for things for christmas, I just got what I was given so I said a pop gun too even though I didn't know what it was.
Come the school christmas party santa duly arrived and gave out the presents.  One of the girls got a bride doll and I thought I might get one too. I opened my parcel to find..........a pop gun as requested. I didn't know what to do with it and I am sure that the teacher knew from my expression that I was horrified and wanted to cry.

Oh my goodness, I have just diagnosed why I don't like christmas presents and don't trust them  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »

Yep Babyjane - we called it 'lastic'  ::)

Hop-skotch in the play-ground

I had/have a Hornby train set; a walky-talky doll; skipping; jacks; teddy; panda; Annuals; jigsaws; skipping ropes; roller skates; trike; 2-wheeler; buckets, spades and flags on sticks at the beach

Oh Babyjane - when I got my walky-talky doll one C.mas it fell over and went 'mama' at the bottom of the bed  ::) - we were sharing a room with our parents as we were at Granny's that year.  I was disappointed because she has blonde, curly hair: the doll, not Granny: I had seen one with long dark hair in the playground that year and that was what I wanted.  She's with me still though ;-)

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 03:35:55 PM »

I was given an exquisite porcelain china doll in a satin dress when I was about 4 (how stupid!) Of course I wanted to play with her but this was not the sort of doll that was to be played with.  I undid her plaits, brushed out her hair so it resembled a birds nest, drew 'make up' on her face and coloured in one of her teeth. I never understood what I had done wrong, I just knew it was very serious  :'(  When an elderly great uncle gave our little daughter a dressed china doll many years later we took it away and put it safely in the wardrobe in its box and took DD to the toy shop and bought her a doll of her choosing, hence she did not suffer the same trauma I did.

Goodness me this is turning into the 'therapy support' thread  :-X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »

;D …….. it's good to talk ;-)

Milamam

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 04:09:53 PM »

My teddybear!

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 05:20:02 PM »

Elastics were called Chinese skipping where I lived.

Dorothy

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 05:50:36 PM »

I had (and still have) a bear and a knitted rabbit.

Also had lego and the wobbly people that were shaped like eggs that you can't knock over.  Can't remember their proper name, but they came with a playground set - swings and a roundabout.

And Britain's farm and zoo animals - loved these.  We visited the Cotswold Wildlife Park every Easter and Summer when we had our holiday with my grandmother, so I got a new animal twice a year.

I can't remember wanting any toys I didn't have, although I did ask for a baby elephant (a real one) for Christmas when I was about 3.  ;D

dulciana

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »

A big doll called Suzanna
Elastics
Jacks
Scraps, especially those sickly Swedish ones!
Skeelers - 3-wheel roller skates that I won when I got a letter published in Bunty (or whatever!)
Skipping (anyone remember bumps??)
Clackers (oh, ouch!)
Those ring-things that went round one ankle while the other foot skipped over it
Pogo stick
My brothers' space hopper

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7