Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Month 4 of HRT and still fatigued  (Read 1757 times)

Binbon2

Month 4 of HRT and still fatigued
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:33:37 PM »

Hello, I have been lurking here for a while, replied to a couple of posts, but this is my first post.

My perimenopause started about 3 years ago. I managed to mostly control the symptoms with Menopace until February this year. In February I started waking up virtually every hour, having hot sweats and needing to pee. I also had a 3 week really heavy period. I eventually saw my GP and am now on 1 mg Elleste duet. The HRT has stopped the night sweats but I still wake up several times a night. I initially tried to carry on and went to work, but eventually ended up getting signed off. I have now been off work for 2-3 months because of fatigue.

A blood test 6 weeks ago showed that I had low ferritin, which can also result in fatigue and disturbed sleep. I have been on iron tablets but am still feeling fatigued. MY latest blood test shows that the ferritin levels have increased, but still not optimal.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of still feeling fatigued whilst on HRT? How long does the fatigue/insomnia last? Also, has anyone been on long term sick because of menopause fatigue?

Taz2

Re: Month 4 of HRT and still fatigued
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »

Hi Binbon2 - I would think that your fatigue is to do with your ferritin levels being low to be honest. It took around three months of iron tablets before I began to feel less tired so go easy on yourself and hopefully you will soon be feeling better.

Taz x

Binbon2

Re: Month 4 of HRT and still fatigued
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:28 PM »

Thanks for your reply Taz. It is good to know other people's experience. I wasn't sure if it was the ferritin or the hormones giving me the fatigue.