Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and cramps  (Read 1965 times)

dianaswr

Vagifem and cramps
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I have been using vagifem 10mg for the last 3 years and occasionally have some cramps and discharge but I went on holiday and for to take it for the last 3 weeks - came home and started as usual - but I have had a greenish discharge the day after I used the vagifem - that lasted a day then some mild cramping then used the second tablet - as per normal and then more watery discharge and cramps again the day after use- no discharge today but still cramping (mild) is this normal? I have made an appointment with my GP but am a bit concerned - urgh! Thanks Ladies x

Dancinggirl

Re: Vagifem and cramps
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »

If you didn't use the Vagifem for 3 weeks then you might need to do a daily reload for 2 weeks to get things back to normal. I would still have a word with the GP though, for peace of mind - have some swabs taken to see if there is a bit of infection as you could have Bacterial Vaginitis  - I use some Multi Gyn Actigel when I get this - clears it up in no time.  Vagifem helps to keep things healthy and prevent BV and thrush.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »

Dancinggirl - where do you buy the Multi Gyn from?

dianaswr

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »

Thanks Ladies - did wonder that :) should have loaded up again. Will see what the doctor says x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 05:07:37 PM »

Hi dianaswr - this sounds very much like bacterial vaginosis to me http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Bacterialvaginosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx. Cramps and a watery discharge are two of the symptoms. Well they were when I have had it in the past.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 05:51:15 PM »

I buy Multi Gyn Actigel online - it's very effective at treating and preventing BV - very soothing as well. 
Just goggle Multi Gyn Actigel.  DG x