Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Will vaginal vs oral progesterone help with constipation issues?  (Read 2482 times)

matildamouse

I am on Estradot 25mg patches and continuous micronized progesterone capsules 100mg at night. Struggling for the first time in my life with constipation issues. Have read progesterone slows down bowel movement. If this is the origin of my issue, would it help to change to the vaginal progesterone? Anyone with experience or knowledge please. Thanks.

dahliagirl

Re: Will vaginal vs oral progesterone help with constipation issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »

I have wondered this too.  It is one of the main reasons I was put of mirena -  I was not sure whether all the progesterone would be near the bowel, IYSWIM and there was no way of knowing without trying.  POP used to make my guts moribund.

I have a long term problem with constipation which I try and keep under control as I have had prolapse surgery (fairly mild, but I do not want it undone!).  I take movicol (you buy it a the counter.  I think laxido is the same thing) whenever I feel I am getting constipated.  Usually, I have a kiwi fruit for breakfast which is much more effective, in my view.  However, at the moment, I feel it exacerbates my hayfever allergies.

You should eat a diet with plenty porridge, beans/pulses, fruit and veg and plenty of water.  Bran fibre is not so good but go for wholemeal everything.