Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT & AD  (Read 1826 times)

Dee46

HRT & AD
« on: July 13, 2016, 05:23:18 PM »

Well collected my Femoston 1/10 today, sorry to keep asking lots of questions but this is my first time on HRT

I also take Citalopram & take it about 9am after my breakfast, just wonder those of you who are on HRT & AD do you take them both at the same time i.e I can take both at 9am or would you leave the HRT an hour or so after or take the HRT first thing on waking?

I just didn't want the AD to conflict with taking the HRT & not knowing which is giving me side effects, I take it the HRT will increase my anxiety until my body gets used to it too?

Hopefully some of you will be able to help with the timings of taking the tablets, thank you

Milamam

Re: HRT & AD
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »

Hi Dee,
I am also on 10 mg citalopram alongside with Femoston 2/10 and I take both at the same time in the morning. This is the easiest way for me and I haven't had any trouble - for two years already. Don't be fobbed off that HRT will initially increase your anxiety, this is not true! It affects all women differently. You may find you feel calmer almost immediately. This also depends on how your own hormones are behaving.
Remember that HRT does not override your hormonal fluctuations, it just gives this little extra support to us to make us feel better . If your levels have been very low and levelled,  it will be no wonder that Femoston can make a very quick difference for you!
Milamam

LW44

Re: HRT & AD
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »

Hi

i take my sertraline and hrt at night,  dont know why just got into the habit.. does anyone else take at night? plus ive just increased from 2mg to 11/2 as hot flushes came back. i use a tablet cutter.. x