Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femosten newbie  (Read 2248 times)

Dee46

Femosten newbie
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:00:44 PM »

Went to doctors this morning & after a bit of a battle have been prescribed femosten which I am assuming will be 1/10, doc rang me tonight to tell me that she had agreed with another doctor they would put me on it after months  of being on AD for depression & anxiety.
I hope some one can help answer a few questions?

What time of the day should I take it? Is this with or without food?

I stated my period tonight so can I start tomorrow night?

So I take all white tablets then continue to take they grey ones? Do I then have a break before I take the white ones again?

Any advice would be greatful  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femosten newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »

Have you got the packet yet?  Good on you for pressing for what you wanted!

Hopefully someone will be along with advice, in the mean-time, use the search button for 'Femosten'?

Dee46

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »

Hi CLKD

No the doctor only called back about 6.30pm so will get prescription tomorrow & hope a chemist will not have to order them in. It has taken a long while for me to get through that I feel this way due to peri rather than just a random break down.

Hopefully some can help but thanks will do a search

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »

Let us know if you can't find anything ……….

Milamam

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:57:31 AM »

Hi Dee,
Congratulations for getting your hrt finally!
I am on Femoston but the stronger version 2/10, for two years now. I take mine first thing in the morning but in the beginning I had nausea - in this case you can try taking them before bed. The pills are taken regardless of food. You first start with the estrogen tablets, ideally on the first day of your period, then without break you start the combined . You should expect a withdrawal bleed 2-3 days after stopping the combined tablets. However, as your own hormones fluctuate, you may get your period a little sooner or later - all this takes time to settle.

I hope you will feel good on them! Good luck,

Milamam

Dee46

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 08:06:58 AM »

Hi Milamam

I get nausea most mornings anyway so maybe this won't make much difference if I take in the morning but I could try at bedtime if not, does it really matter when you take it in the day? Doctor said I could take within 5 days of my bleed so hoping to take tonight then, so basically this pill continues everyday without any break at all? The doctor did say that my periods may be a bit up & down for a start so at least I know what is happening, how long did you start to feel better on them? I have got bad anxiety & hoping it will help with that!!!

Milamam

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »

Hi Dee-
Yes Femoston is to be taken without breaks. You start with the estrogen ( within day 1-5 of your period) and continue with the combined pills, then start a new pack. I have noticed that if I take the pills in the morning with a banana or something small ,i.e. biscuit, there is almost no nausea. Also, nausea should diminish/dusappear after a few weeks.

For me , the physical symptoms went away first, almost within few weeks ( night sweats, dizziness, mental focus). Anxiety was my msin problem but it also went away around month 4. Just be patient and don't expect too much too soon!

Hope this is helpful
Milamam

Dee46

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »

Thank you Milamam just all new to me so basically when I finish my progesterone only tablets on day 28 I then start the white estogen ones of the next packet (month 2) on day 29? I get nausea now on & off all day so I will make sure I take with some food of some sort.

I am hoping this dizzy head will go first, it feels like I am drunk, the anxiety is my main problem & has been for almost a year now it gets exhausting, it just feels like you are going mad !!!

Milamam

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 07:01:22 PM »

We are so much alike ! I felt exactly as you describe when I started. I though I was going mad or something serious has happened to my body. I was so dizzy all day I could't walk a straight line. I started at 43 , now 45 and I have to say Femoston changed my life! Of course there are blips here and there but these pass. Hope it will bring you a very fast relief, too!

Milamam

Keepgoing

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 01:45:48 AM »

Congrats on finally managing to get hrt...hope this helps and you feel better soon x