Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fractured spine! Now that was a shock  (Read 3368 times)

Kathleen

Re: Fractured spine! Now that was a shock
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »

Hello CLKD.

I rest my case!

K.

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2016, 01:17:36 PM »

CLKD........I'm real........at least I think I am.......  ;D

Sarai

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 03:50:44 PM »

To everybody who replied, I am used to social media and am a lot of facebook groups, I'm admin on one for autoimmune disease and believe me we are all very real people.
I have info from NOS due to the fact I have a friend with it who pushed me years ago when I was told I had osteopaenia but nothing at all was done.
So here I am due my 3 year dexa in November with a fracture. The friend is saddened as she saw it coming and campaigns hard to get gps and public in general to recognise the signs.
My gp just threw his hands in the air like I was too much trouble and said he had no idea what to do with me.
I'm going to ask to be referred to Sheffield Metabolic Bone clinic as this friend goes there, she has severe osteo due to Dr neglect.
But right now I just have to be careful and wait, but basically it will not heal as 'normal' breaks do, as it is crushed.
I'm still in shock and disbelief, that at 54 lots of fun I had planed has gone, like I really wanted to learn to ride a horse. Not to mention the damn pain.
Oh well moan over.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 07:08:02 PM »

However: unless people go to their GPs for advice ………  :-\  the best area of the body for scanning is the pelvis as it has depth.  I had DEXA on my ankles/feet for a few years but it wasn't really often enough to give a true measurement.  But in a work situation a pelvic scan was impossible  ::).

Change your GP?

Sarai

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »

Oddly he's a new GP at a new practice, but I think I jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. Getting an appointment with them is easy but my last few consults have been rubbish.
This last one left me in so much limbo. I was given not one bit of advice or offer of pain meds.
Bearing in mind my position in meno, like right in the middle, my anxiety which has been great for months is having a field day, without a diagnosis of osteoporosis and me not having a full on fall, I've convinced myself its actually bone cancer. Sadly had a friend who died from it, her symptoms, back ache.
Ive decided to go back to my old GPs, that will be a laugh, but at least I knew them and they knew me.
I bloody hate my life
Pages: 1 [2]