Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 6 weeks on evorel sequi - advice please?  (Read 1425 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
6 weeks on evorel sequi - advice please?
« on: July 07, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »

I'm 6 weeks into evorel sequi and am concerned about my progress.

In the first month I felt fine, had a few shaky days but felt better and better. Even tolerated the progesterone side fine.

However since stopping the progesterone part I don't seem to have bounced back up. In fact, it's been a real struggle since, yesterday was awful with anxiety and racing thoughts, etc. Applied my patch last night, anxiety gone but feeling weepy.

As I am 45, am I as well to try the ccp instead? Rather than trying 3 months on 1 regime, then 3 months on another?

I don't want to quit HRT because I think it's helpful with the flushes but my mood hasn't lifted this time.

I saw on another post that if you are late peri, then 50mg oestrogen might not do much. How do you know if you are late peri? I've been missing periods for 6 years.

My bleed on evorel was medium for 2 days then nothing, however it did come on 4th day of combi patch. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:53:28 PM by Mis71Mum »

Hurdity

Re: 6 weeks on evorel sequi - advice please?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »

The CCP will control your cycle so preventing the extreme rises and falls of your natural menstural cycle - such that it is. As you are still young then you are still OK to take it - so if you tolerate progestogens then why not give it a go? However if you do, then be sure to try Qlaira and not any of the others - as these contain very strong synthetic oestrogens whereas Qlaira is more like HRT but at a higher dose, as the oestrogen in it is estradiol. Also there are only two tablet free days compared to the usual 7 with other pills.

You can read about it here (scroll down):
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/contra2.php

You could also give the Evorel another few weeks but as you say the dose is not very high for someone of your age once you reach menopause.

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: 6 weeks on evorel sequi - advice please?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 08:12:15 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.

I think I have nothing to lose by trying Qlaria. I will finish this cycle first and then give it a try.

I know Briony had success with it and she is a similar age to me. 

After 3 months, I'll know whether my anxiety/depression are hormonal which I strongly believe they are. Otherwise my GP will just continue to increase my AD's which at this stage I don't want.