Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So many scary illnesses  (Read 8760 times)

Peroxideblader

So many scary illnesses
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:28:21 AM »

Hello everyone..I haven't posted for a while since I introduced myself as I was at my wits end health wise.  My doctor has agreed to give me hrt  I'm Peri they think and looking back have been for about 3 years..I've asked her for femoston as I get bad side effects off tabkets. I decided to start the hrt in October after a long awaited holiday  ( not had a break away in 6 years) on case the side effects are too bad and it spoils my holiday...but what I do want to ask is I'm so so scared of how ill I've been these last few years and it was never connected to peri and my most recent terrifies me. I walk 7 miles a day ever day yet from waking up to going to bed I'm out of breath like I can't breathe in properly it's bad all the time and I get chest and back pains suddenly I've convinced myself it's copd or angina as all the symptoms fit but I'm terrified of going to doctor to get tested because if it is copd or angina I think this final illness will push me over the edge..I'm 47 slim don't drink but have family history of heart disease..I'm couldn't cope with anything else but I hear it could be menopause related as it is worse the week before my period. Can I give a list briefly of the last few years illnesses and would people be honest and say if they think it's peri or worse...OK...insomnia cant get to sleep..loss of sex drive totally..don't want to be around anyone just be on my own including family..upset all the time..had serious breakdown and since anxiety attacks..restless legs nightly..severe depression I'm on escitalopran...negative all the time..fibromyalgia in body and dental nerves..constant colds viruses run down...and now finally border line heart attack...life is getting worse everyday..thanks for reading this please help..x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So many scary illnesses
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »

You are probably walking too far for your age!  I have never managed 7 miles per day unless on holiday.  How is your diet?  Lots of exercise but not putting enough energy back is likely to cause intense tiredness.

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles can become lax which may account for tiredness after exercise.  I have to pace myself - 2 hours gardening then rest, reluctant as I am! Otherwise I suddenly feel really really ill.

Who has told you that you are 'border line heart attack'?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »

Hello Peroxideblader.

I have experienced all of the symptoms you have described and each one can  be attributed to hormonal changes.

I am often breathless in the morning, I puff and blow and it feels as if I can't get a full breath which is certainly a result of anxiety for me.  My trusty meno book refers to this as shallow breathing which unfortunately makes anxiety worse. The advice is to practice deep abdominal breathing which then relaxes the body.

I am sorry that you are  worried and I totally understand how you feel.  Your symptoms will be familiar to many of us on the forum so don't despair, for a woman going through the menopause you seem completely normal to me!

Take care.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »

CLKD - 7 miles a day at 47 is not too much!!! It should be OK at any age if you are fit and well!!

However  Peroxideblader - if you are out of breath and get chest pains then I would definitely get checked out. Many of the things you list are or can be due to menopause. What are your periods doing and how is your cycle generally? If it is very irregular and you have started skipping periods then it is definitely menopause and HRT will help.

Why wait until October? I would start stright away on Day 1 for your next bleed or if no bleed then pick a time and just go for it - but defo go to the doc re the chest and breathlessness. You should also have a blood test - as sparkle has had. Low iron can cause these symptoms for example.

Hurdity x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »

Thanks everyone..I've had about every blood test going and all clear including thyroid diabetes iron etc..my ferratin levels were low so I take a tablet daily.  My period are every 21 days now and light instead of 28 days on the dot. Ironically when I'm on treadmill like now my breathing is no worse it's the same shortness of breath all day.  I'll look at that list of unusual symptoms and I feel much better knowing I'm experiencing what many other women are too. It's my relationship too that worries me as we've only been together 6 years and 3 of them have been awful with bad time after bad time I keep it to myself or he'd think I was making it up but he does think I've gone off him sexually even though I tell him I love and fancy him lots just don't want sex willingly as bad as that sounds. My mum doesn't speak to me and my boys to ask about her experiences but I know she said she sailed through it but my maternal nana went loopy and was sectioned..sounds like where I'm heading x

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 02:27:43 PM »

Hello Peroxideblader
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time and really hope you feel better soon.
Two years ago I couldn't even leave the bedroom as I felt so ill and thought I would die.  Nothing was ever diagnosed.  Embarrassingly I even called an ambulance twice.  I tried the oestrogel and progesterone tablets but didn't do too well with that regime.  I have been using the patches for about 10 months.  I do feel so much better, running and swimming in the open air every day.  I feel like I have my confidence back.  I do get the odd few days where I get a bit down, but everyone does at some time.  I used to get headaches which lasted a week each time, every three weeks.  I haven't had a headache for months now. 
Hope this helps. x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »

Meant to say in reply to Hurdity I am too concerned about the sideeffects to start hrt before my holidays as I have been such a pain to my partner I darent ruin this holiday if I feel a lot worse..don't get me wrong I have all my hopes pinned on feeling better once I start hrt but in the past with illnesses the cure as such never seems to work..every disease or illness I have is chronic long term and that no tablet can help with...we have not had a break together without the kids since we met 6 years ago so this holiday has to be special I can't risk it being ruined by hrt side effects...😊

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »

7 miles is too far!  Why would anyone need to walk that far anyway  :-\.  At my best when we had dogs I walked several miles several times a day.  I altered my diet accordingly as did my dog when we were on holiday.

You talk of breathlessness - I remember that B4 each period I would feel bloated and 'asthmatic' which would go once the bleed began.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Peroxideblader

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 04:45:40 PM »

I'm not that old to be walking 7 miles a day lol...I'm a voluntary dog walkers for the elderly and my own dog so sometimes it's more miles but the rest of my day is quite sedentary..my ex sister in law took up running in her peri stage did marathons starting at age 53 still runs miles now at 67 she's fit healthy and happy 😊

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 04:48:50 PM »

How do you fit in 7 miles a day  :-\ ……….. how many  :scottie: do you manage at a time? 

Make sure that you keep well hydrated and eat regularly whilst exercising, there are many changes at this 'time' of Life which aren't all hormonal  ::).  Make an appt as suggested about the breathless feelings …….. the worry can then be crossed off the list!

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 05:37:35 PM »

I'm not that old to be walking 7 miles a day lol...I'm a voluntary dog walkers for the elderly and my own dog so sometimes it's more miles but the rest of my day is quite sedentary..my ex sister in law took up running in her peri stage did marathons starting at age 53 still runs miles now at 67 she's fit healthy and happy 😊

I think that a lot of your illnesses are tied up with fibro. I've had this for twenty years and walking, especially more than three miles a day, definitely brings on all of the symptoms from sleeplessness to aching joints and bladder problems. The advice is never to push yourself and to take moderate exercise. Could it be that it is mainly fibro which is affecting you together with low ferritin levels which will give you breathlessness. Also, there is no pain with COPD (my husband has this) and breathlessness is one of the later symptoms in most people I believe.

Taz x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »

My main nerve pain is trigeminal neuralgia so dental nerve pain so it's only worse with stress and no sleep but I don't sleep because of the pain and pain is worse due to insomnia but I cope with that I've had it 8 years since dental negligence it's the other illnesses and issues these last 3 years. Exercise is my relaxation as I can be alone and it's therapeutic..when I don't walk I'm more stressed and anxious..it's not about how much I exercise my breathlessness is reduced when I'm walking it's worse doing housework cooking ironing...I guess if it's not menopause related it's asthma or copd...I'll bite the bullet and book to have tests..just hope it's not more life changing bad news

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 07:11:56 PM »

Walking is a regular rhythm. 

Trigeminal neuralgia can be triggered by dental work, it happened to me a couple of years ago.  There is an operation that can release the nerve causing the painful spasms, it is because a blood vessel lays on the nerve and periodically presses down.  My Aunt had surgery twice with good results.

I don't do much housework, no cooking and no ironing - maybe that's the way to go  ;).  At least until you have spoken to your GP about the breathlessness?

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »

Good point sparkle.

Peroxideblader - what help are you having for your fibro?

Taz x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »

Hi yes I do shallow breathe but it feels like I can't take a deep breathe anyway..I will go to my doctors face the results I guess..and my trigeminal neuralgia I can't take the meds they offered I tried about 8 different ones all made me so I'll and no relief..resorted to morphine but it wiped me out. I suffer tmj too so the operations aren't suitable as there are 4 points on my jaw that fire off all nerves all round so not one particular trapped nerve that can be released. It's what caused my breakdown I was so I'll and in so much pain..but that's done now I live with it but all the rest of my health issues have made my anxiety and depression worse especially not being able to sleep too
Pages: [1] 2 3