Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and suncream  (Read 2361 times)

Ljp

Oestrogel and suncream
« on: June 30, 2016, 10:11:53 PM »

Hi,
Might sound a silly question but going to ask anyway.
I'm going on holiday later this year, first time since I started HRT, I have mirena coil, estring, and am using 2 pumps oestrogel daily.

How is it best to organise the use of oestrogel and suncream?
I normally apply my oestrogel to inner or outer thighs, in the morning, after my shower.
But equally, when on holiday, I also apply my suncream after my shower in the morning.

What do you ladies on oestrogel do when on holiday please? 😊

Jinja

Re: Oestrogel and suncream
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:07 AM »

I was thinking the same I've just started oestrogel this week and like you I'm applying it in the morning. I think I'm going to switch to applying it at night when on holiday

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:45:06 AM »

I did wonder the same thing, but concerned it might affect sleeping. I think I might apply it after I shower and change for evening X 👍🏼

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 01:58:31 PM »

I don't use estrogel but I do use testosterone gel so the same principle applies - I would not apply any sun screen or any products to the area where I applied the gel. This is easy with the T gel but not so easy with estrogel as it covers a much larger area. Sounds like applying it at night is a better plan - but do ensure the skin where you apply it does not touch your (male) partner for any prolonged period of time for at least an hour after application, due to transfer.

Ljp - that sounds good plan! I'm sure other gel users will tell you what they do on hols....

Applying T gel in the morning in a tent without proper washing facilities, and waiting for it to dry before dressing is a real challenge I tell you (Glasto!).

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

I spend a lot of time in Spain and have never had any problems with the gel in fact it was patches that caused me problems in a hot climate.

I split my gel dose to 1 pump at night and 1 pump in the morning but it dries extremely quickly in a hot climate.  I don't use suncream much but I do spend a lot of time in the sea and the pool which is stuffed full of chemicals but it has never affected the performance of the gel - it used to get underneath the patches though. 

I can't see any reason why you can bung some suncream on a while after the gel, it won't affect absorption enough to bother you and don't forget, you end up sweating buckets anyway in that kind of heat.  I've never worried about transfer either, it's bone dry within a couple of minutes.

Ljp

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »

Thank you, not worried about transfer to hubby, it generally dries within 5 mins and don't think I'm quite that irresistible that he can't keep his hands if me for that long 😃😃😃😃

Think I will go with my original thoughts and apply it after evening shower, before dressing for dinner/evening