Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tramadol  (Read 8037 times)

Melbury

Re: Tramadol
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 07:41:29 PM »

I expected within five minutes of plucking up the courage to actually swallow it that the pain would be gone.

Must say I have felt very tired today at work - couldn't stop yawning.  I don't know how people can take large does of this type of medication and function normally.

Foot still hurts like hell :'(

I find that it takes at least 20 -35 minutes for the pain to ease. Have to say that is with two capsules, one doesn't really work for me.

The groggy feelings started easing for me after about seven days

I am just too scared to take two, I might not be capable of driving to work let alone actually working when I get there.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 07:47:09 PM »

After you took the tablet last night did the pain keep you awake? Or are you like me, wake to see if it's still painful  ::)

Melbury

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »

After you took the tablet last night did the pain keep you awake? Or are you like me, wake to see if it's still painful  ::)

I was very aware of my foot all night - perhaps I was subconsciously gauging how it felt.

Definitely cannot take one tonight as I have had two glasses of wine and apparently Tramadol mixed with alcohol is a definite no go.  I am sure I read that it can in some people be lethal with any amount of alcohol, which is a bit off putting.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »

How are you this morning?

ellie

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 03:18:50 PM »

Melbury I suffer from neuropathy in my foot, but mine was caused through back surgery....But I know exactly how it feels  :'(   I have been on different medications,  Gabapentin and Pregabalin did help a bit, but the side affects weren't good ( mainly the weight gain ).   Tramadol doesn't give me any bad side affects, but neither does it do much for the pain......unfortunately nerve pain is very difficult to treat, and I have found that a sleeping pill is the best thing for me,  not something I want to take, but it's either that or lying awake in pain....
     Sounds obvious, but have you tried wearing socks in bed, especially if the bed covers bother you.
          I would give the tramadol a try, maybe take them around 9pm, but not sure about drinking too :-\.    Just had another thought, you could try Capsaicin cream.......it works by making your skin hot and tingly, sending messages to the nerves in your foot and confusing them.......

Smokey

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »

Hi

Hi I have ms and and have had bouts of nerve pain recently and have been prescribed Nortriptyline which also helps with sleep and are normally taken at night before bed and can be taken from 10mg doses up to 100mg, they are a Antidepressent I have been on them previously for quite a few years, side effects I have experienced have been dry mouth and constipation, however I think that was was more noticeable at higher dose of 75mg my ms nurse recommended it as she said it's brilliant in treating nerve pain. I have only restarted it a couple of days ago and it has also helped my shoulder pain I have Frozen shoulder at the moment .  It should be taken at 10mg to start gradually increasing to dose recommend by your doctor  this reduces any side effects. Hope this helps

Ann x

ellie

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 06:20:47 PM »

Smokey, is it the same as Amatriptlyne?

Smokey

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 07:45:22 PM »

It's the sister drug to Nortriptyline, Amtriptyline  however does tend. to make you more groggy my hubby was prescribed it to prevent migraines but didn't help in that respect but zonked him out and was tired all day he said never again and he was only on 10mg! And felt like a zombie!

Ann x
Pages: 1 [2]