Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tips for losing weight?  (Read 8137 times)

Dana

Re: Tips for losing weight?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 07:00:35 AM »

Have never done WW though the idea of points does appeal and I've heard you soon get used to what points = What food.

This is very true. Most people eat more or less the same foods most of the time, so I just basically typed up a list of all the foods I normally eat and what their point value is. It makes for a very quick and easy reference.

I also think the point system is a much easier visual guide than counting calories etc. If you know you've only got 30 points per day to spend and a glass of wine or 20g of chocolate is worth about 5 points each, or you could have 200g of chicken or 2 slices of bread for about the same number of points, it puts things into perspective very quickly and makes making the right choices a lot easier.

I made the decision yesterday to cancel my WW subscription, because I've been doing it long enough now to know what I'm doing and what the values are, but I'm still determined to lose at least another 10 pounds, hopefully before Christmas.

I tried the 5:2 diet, but I also couldn't cope with the "starve" days. I like my food too much and when I'm deprived of it that's when I'm going to be obsessing about it the most.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:02:19 AM by Dana »

Dana

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 07:04:01 AM »

After searching online, I've found an ap called ultimatevaluediary which is £2.29 and uses the old WW ProPoints so I'm happy. It has a lot of handy tools too so I can use that and get back to the WWing and I know and get on with  ;)

That's great. Let us know how you go.

Evelyn63

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »

I will have a look at that, did SW for three years but it was portion control I struggled with.  The example Dana gave about the wine v chicken is exactly what I like about WW.   I can easily identify with those calculations and decide what it's worth using points for. ! 
Pages: 1 2 [3]