Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Changing my hrt  (Read 5022 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Changing my hrt
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »

Let us know?

linz57

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 03:04:04 PM »

Just sent a message to Emma so will let you know the outcome

flutterby

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »

Hi linz57 that is awful, how can your GP just shrug it off. I have also just returned from my GP who has been happy to follow Dr Curries advice, putting the printed email in my notes. I do feel your GPs ignorance and worse still inability to acknowledge her own lack of knowledge is totally disadvantaging you.  :hug:

I don't suppose there is a menopause clinic near you you could be referred to. They are not always easy to find, alternatively could you find out if any GPs in your area do have an interest in HRT. This may be information you can get from your local health authority. Maybe one of the other ladies can suggest who to contact.
Even if you have to change again it might be worth it because of her poor attitude. When you do see the gynaecologist I would be totally honest, even if you feel you are ' dropping your GP in it', why should you suffer
Take care Flutterby x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »

I've bumped my thread about the different things we have here, i.e. charabanc, choir, now the growling group  :D

linz57

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 03:58:54 PM »

The two local surgeries are useless regarding hrt flutterby so I am going to start looking further afield even if it means a lengthy journey every visit. As for menopause clinics, they are non existent here, I'm out on the Shropshire Staffordshire borders and it's pretty rural in places.
My doc did say I could go see a gynae privately but I would only see the same one as I will on the NHS, only quicker. Why should I have to pay when I know what regime I want and have been advised by Dr Curtie, who is far more experienced and knowledgeable than my useless gp?
I'm glad you have an informed doctor flutterby, it must be great to know you can pop along and come away feeling you've got somewhere.  It is a postcode lottery this hrt malarkey😐
Pages: 1 [2]