Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice please. Sequi to Conti hiccup  (Read 1565 times)

Heron

Advice please. Sequi to Conti hiccup
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:00:36 AM »

Good Morning ladies
At the beginning of May I started using the Evorel Conti patches, having been on the Sequi patches for about a year. My doctor decided this was the route to go down as I was having only very light, infrequent bleeding.
Since I've been on the Conti patches I've had four 'periods' in the space of less than eight weeks. They've lasted 4-5 days, occasionally quite uncomfortable and a mix of red and brownish blood.
I understand that it's not unusual for there to be some settling in with a new prescription but I'm not sure how long I should carry on. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I had a smear in April and all was normal ( if that's relevant at all! )
Thanks in advance.

Taz2

Re: Advice please. Sequi to Conti hiccup
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »

Hi Heron - it can take up to six months to settle on a conti HRT so it sounds as if you are experiencing a common problem. I had constant bleeding on conti and gave up after six months and returned to a sequi HRT as have others on here. It's early days for you so if you are feeling well on the conti I would say that it's worth giving it more time to settle. If you are having bleeding after the six months, though, it is advisable to go back to your GP.

Taz x  :)

Heron

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:56:23 PM »

Oh thanks Taz2, that's very reassuring. I do actually feel quite well on the Conti, it's only really the inconvenience that's getting to me. I'll stick with it for a few more weeks and see what happens 😊

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »

Most women find that the bleeding settles by the six month mark and you may find that yours settled quicker than that. It is a nuisance.

Taz x