Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Epilepsy  (Read 1628 times)

Beester

Epilepsy
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:37:30 AM »

Hi .. I have epilepsy.  It is idiopathic, ie no known reason but there is a link between hormones and seizures.   It's been controlled for over 5 years which is great - so i haev a full driving license.  I'm nervous that as my hormones go out of whack and sleep is wonky (another contributory factor to bringing about a seizure), that I will be in the do-do with the seizures.   

Does anyone have any experience of this???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Epilepsy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:34 AM »

Have you tried the 'search' button for epilepsy, it will bring up other threads.

Maybe talk to your GP B4 problems set in, do you see a Consultant at all? 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »

Hi Beester - does this help? https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/women/menopause   You may have already seen it.

Taz x  :)

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 11:22:27 AM »

Hi .. I have epilepsy.  It is idiopathic, ie no known reason but there is a link between hormones and seizures.   It's been controlled for over 5 years which is great - so i haev a full driving license.  I'm nervous that as my hormones go out of whack and sleep is wonky (another contributory factor to bringing about a seizure), that I will be in the do-do with the seizures.   

Does anyone have any experience of this???
I developed epilepsy at 13 and had surgery (benign tumour) at 16. I still take medication but have been seizure free since the early 80's.  The menopause hasn't caused any problems.

Beester

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »

Thanks all for the thoughts, confusing time, and an extra element - very sensitive - to weigh up.

Apologies for not doing the reserach properly.