Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Did anyone have a GOOD experience with Prempak C? !  (Read 4326 times)

claude66

Did anyone have a GOOD experience with Prempak C? !
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »

I am about to switch regimes. Estrogel and Utrogestan just not working for me. Dr has prescribed Prempak C but seems everyone had a bad time on it. Now questioning my decision to switch.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Did anyone have a GOOD experience with Prempak C? !
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »

Maybe use the 'search' button?

Keepgoing

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 04:36:40 PM »

Nope put on a stone in nine weeks and felt like I was so bloated I was gonna burst...my mum was on this 30 yers ago tho and was absolutely brilliant on it so just shows we are all different xx

dazned

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »

I haven't been on it though a friend has been for years and doing great as are thousands and thousands of women out there. If you already have it why not try it ,you have nothing to lose  ;)
At the very least after a couple of months you can tell gp that you have tried it. Good luck ,let us know how it goes.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »

Hello claude66.

I haven't tried this HRT ... yet lol!

May I ask how you've been on the gel and Utrogestan? I've been trying this regime for a month and the last week my anxiety has risen and my palpitations have been stronger, I also feel nauseous. I do have a cough atm so a virus could be to blame but I'm wondering if I should revert to my previous patch or try something new?

Wishing you well.

K.

claude66

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »

CLKD - I did search and found only negative reviews which was why I asked about good experiences.

Kathleen - I have had no bad reactions to the gel and Utrogestan combination. I have been taken it for about 2 years but suddenly it is no longer effective. I am getting very bad flushing and night sweats again. I've upped the dose and it has helped a little bit but I feel it's become impractical for me as I now get through so much gel

claude66

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »

....oh and I also no longer get periods on the gel/Utro combination. I haven't had one in 5 months

dazned

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »

You have to bear in mind people tend to come to forums like this when they experience problems  ::)
Thats why I mentioned the thousands that use it but dont feel the need to tell us about it. We usually have to trial a few before we find one right for us as individuals.

claude66

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 05:18:12 PM »

Yes dazned that is a fair point.

I have also searched generally online and, again, not found much positive to take away.

dazned

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 05:20:58 PM »

As I said I have no first hand experience ,only my friend. Sorry  :)

claude66

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »

Thanks Dazned - Due to switch over on tuesday so will see how it goes

Marieclaire

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to the forum but have been taking advice from your posts for almost a year now. Without knowing it you have all helped me a great deal. Knowing that I am not alone with this has been such a comfort. I am 52 and have been taking Prempak C for 9 months. It has helped tremendously and I would say that I am now 90% back to my old self. I have had no side effects at all and I am taking the lower dose. My symptoms were night sweats, anxiety and low mood. I had never suffered from anxiety or low mood in my life until the age of 51. Best wishes to you all.

claude66

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »

Thank you Stella and MarieClaire, appreciate the feedback.

I have to say Stella that the horse's pee aspect doesn't thrill me but right now I think I'd eat my own arm if I knew it was going to stop the flushes

Marieclaire

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »

Hi Claude, it did take about 4 weeks for my symptoms to begin to subside but eventually I feel very good. Take care x