Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you tell if you need HRT....  (Read 5656 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How do you tell if you need HRT....
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »

Which is probably why the consultant suggested that groundhog wouldn't have menopausal symptoms, however ……. HRT can help other issues, i.e. may well protect bone health and heart . 

booboo

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 04:54:38 PM »

Good luck Groundhog - sending you a hug & hope all goes well ..

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »

Thank you all.
Well I saw him and he said he would have no hesitation in prescribing oestrogen, he said I don't need progresterone as I have no womb etc.  He recommended gel.  I asked if he could do some blood tests to check if my hormones are rock bottom but he said no point.  I asked how can they tell if it's depresses or menopausal depression and he said yiu can't pinpoint what is causing what but on the basis I have such extreme anxiety,  depression,  no libido,  rashes and occasional hot flushes - it sounded like it could be oestrogen deficiency and it was worth a try,  he said if it boosted my mood it was worth a try and if I noticed no difference I could stop.  He's writing to my GP and I will pick up the script.  He also said the cancer risk had been completely over egged and quality of life as very important.
So that's my update ladies,  I'm still nervous.  My husband is already getting on my nerves saying he can't wait to get his wife back etc etc - no pressure then 😡

Kathleen

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »

Hello groundhog.

I'm pleased that your Gynae has taken you seriously and prescribed oestrogen gel.

I know a lady who tells me she had no problems with the menopause but there must've been something because five years after her last period she needed a hysterectomy and ovary removal. It was only then that she experienced hot flushes and her surgeon said this was quite common as the ovaries continue to produce some oestrogen years after meno.

I can also relate to the situation with our husband as mine often comments that one day I'll be 'better'. He means it in a joking way but I do worry about what the future holds.

I hope you see improvements soon and please keep us updated.

Take care.

K.

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »

Hi ladies,
Had phone call from surgery to make appointment so I'm assuming letter from consultant has arrived.  So on the basis the gynae has recommended oestrogen only gel,  what should I expect to be prescribed.  What are side effects likely to be?  Do you think it's worth it if I am physically unable to have relarionship with husband.
Having doubts.  Husband is getting on my nerves - he's only looking at it from the libido aspect 🤔
Not sure I even want to go there..........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 03:00:37 PM »

Groundhog - you know my feelings about your husband  >:( and as Hasty suggested  :-X

This isn't about him.  It's getting you as well as possible, so if your mood lifts with what the Gynae suggested, give it a try for 5-6 months!  Don't tell your husband how you are  ;).  The Consultant seems to know what might be the problem/s so listen to him?  Stop looking for problems!
Pages: 1 [2]