Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New, Just Started HRT  (Read 1729 times)

OldCrowbag

New, Just Started HRT
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:32:28 AM »

Hi all,

I am 55 and just started HRT, Have been given Evorel Conti Patches.  Would like any general advice please.

I have been told by docs am in menopause, have been feeling very low and emotional and generally out of sync etc.  Has anyone found HRT helped with this.  Have had my first patch on for nearly 3 days, not sure if its just psychological lol but do feel better already.

Thanks

Olcrowbag xxx

dazned

Re: New, Just Started HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:04:02 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

You should notice any physical symptoms to improve first i.e. aches ,hot flushes anxiety,palps,etc maybe not so fast . Personally hrt did nothing in that department for me .

OldCrowbag

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:14:38 AM »

Hi thanks for the welcome and reply,

I dont feel so emotional and anxious.  I had merina coil for 5 years, for heavy periods,  which is coming out next week, so not had periods for 5 years, but recently had problems which after tests and scan they think its this coil thats causing the problem.

I suppose its trial and eroor etc, not sure what to expect,benefits or problems.  Doc said she thinks i will feel much better once started patches, so hoping but anxious as to what lies ahead blah blah.

dazned

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »

Try and be positive,dont go looking for problems ,just remember thousands are using hrt and happily getting on with their lives,we are a minority here who have come against different problems but we're getting there. :)

OldCrowbag

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »

Thanks for your reply

I suppose I just dont know what to expect really, will just try and go with the flow, if it makes me feel better than I have done then its a bonus for sure.  Thanks for yor advice, very welcomed x

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:09:48 AM »

Hrt patches cured my hot flushes night sweats but have not helped with depression and anxiety. HOWEVER  because the physical sympoms are gone I am more able to cope with the psychological ones , hope you find some relief. And welcome to the forum

OldCrowbag

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 10:08:33 PM »

Thank you xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 03:43:04 PM »

Browse round, join in, make notes  :)