Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: On HRT 18 months & no bleeding........unusual?  (Read 1746 times)

Bodenbetty

On HRT 18 months & no bleeding........unusual?
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:21 PM »

Hello
I'm new to this website & hoping for some collective wisdom & advice please.
I'm 51 & have been on HRT for 18months, my periods stopped when I was 47. I took elleste duet 1mg for 16minths. It worked brilliantly but then it seemed that my main symptoms were returning - insomnia, low mood & OCD.
My Dr then upped my dose to 2mg., 3 months ago.It seems to have got everything under control again but I am concerned that in all this time I have only had one bleed & that was between my very first 2 packs, 18 months ago. am I worrying unnecessarily ?
Thanks for reading .

Taz2

Re: On HRT 18 months & no bleeding........unusual?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »

Hi Bodenbetty - welcome to the forum.

Some women don't get a bleed but as it is quite some time since you had one then I would be inclined to ask your doctor to refer you for a scan just to make sure that your womb lining hasn't built up too much. I take it that you are on Elleste Duet 2mg and not Elleste Conti 2mg? Also, as you had been so long without a period when you first started HRT then your doctor could have put you onto a conti HRT which doesn't give you a bleed. You have to have been a year without periods to be put onto a conti HRT.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Bodenbetty

Re: On HRT 18 months & no bleeding........unusual?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »

Hello Taz, thank you for replying. Yes it is elleste duet. I will ask her about my womb lining when I get my next prescription, just to put my mind at rest. I hadn't heard about conti - will ask about that too. Thanks