Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem question  (Read 2340 times)

Stellajane

Vagifem question
« on: June 20, 2016, 03:08:13 PM »

I decided to try Vagifem again simply as a precautionary measure to keep the lady parts in good condition now that I've lowered my dosage of Oestrogel.  Last time I used it, it seemed to cause soreness. This time I feel ok inside but the discharge is unpleasant - I feel as though I'm leaking wallpaper paste - clear but sticky - yuk! Is this a regular side effect? I'm wondering if its just that I don't really need the local oestrogen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »

That isn't 'within normal limits' …… maybe get your GP/Practice Nurse to do a vaginal swab?

Vagifem etc. when used correctly should be totally absorbed in the vagina which is why use when in bed is recommended. 

What symptoms did you have, I felt like there were razor blades up there  :o

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 04:04:39 PM »

when I first started using it the next morning I would feel a little irritated with a burning sensation when I sat down say for a couple of hours then I would lose a very small amount of clear gel and the irritation stopped.  Now I barely notice any of this.
I never had any discharge as such though so def get swabbed in case of infection.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »

I get white marks every so often but just assume it is residue from the fillers in the pessaries that builds up?

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 06:31:58 PM »

I would much rather have sticky knickers that a sore, dry burning fanny  ::)

ancient runner

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »

If you're currently doing the 14 day loading, it might well settle down once you're on the usual weekly dose. Personally I'd rather sticky pants than ouchy bits (currently having a blip so I am saying that with feeling).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 09:30:31 PM »

I use Savlon or Vaseline if the outer lips become dry ;-)