Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magnesium supplement helps anxiety/sleep?  (Read 4659 times)

Jaz

Magnesium supplement helps anxiety/sleep?
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »

Hi Ladies
Is anyone finding magnesium supplements helping with anxiety, palpitations and or sleep.
I am in process of finding a good quality brand if you can recommend or comment. Also heard vitamin B complex helps with meno symtoms.
Jaz X

breeze

Re: Magnesium supplement helps anxiety/sleep?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »

Healthspan.

Have been taking theirs for years.  Also contains B vits.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:47:00 PM by breeze »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 09:45:36 PM »

I was sceptical about magnesium but after reading about the magnesium sprays from ladies on MM I did buy a Magnesium spray that has added essential oils e.g. Bergamot, grape seed etc.  I have found I sleep better when I rub a couple of squirts on my shoulders before bed.
My brother-in-law, who is a consultant gastroenterologist, is doing research and a full controlled trial on magnesium sprays as these are used so much by professional sports people and their physios, -  they want to look at the benefits.
Apparently the benefits for relaxing muscles is very good and using magnesium transdermally is good because it can upset the stomach when used orally.  This relaxing element probably aids sleep.
A good diet is always the best way to get your vitamins but a vitamin complex can be a good idea - I like to take Feroglobin capsules, Krill oil and Red Clover when I'm not on HRT and in winter I always take Vitamin D3.
I would try the Magnesium Spray - I got mine from Holland and Barret but you can probably get it online. DG x
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:14:35 AM by Dancinggirl »

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 05:26:06 AM »

Jaz, I am very happy with a magnesium supplement combined with vit. B6 that I take before bed . It definitely improves my sleep and helps me not wake up in wee hours! I initially started it as a prevention for menstrual crams a month ago, and noted this great side benefit so am now taking it continuously.
Milamam

zelda

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 09:51:28 AM »

Jaz, I am very happy with a magnesium supplement combined with vit. B6 that I take before bed . It definitely improves my sleep and helps me not wake up in wee hours! I initially started it as a prevention for menstrual crams a month ago, and noted this great side benefit so am now taking it continuously.
Milamam

Which brand did you buy please?

linz57

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »

I used to take Holland and Barrats own brand of chelated magnesium  tablet, but having just looked on their website I can't see it there anymore. However, I see there is one by another company called Solgar.
I found it helped my palpitations and sleep if I took one about an hour before going to bed. I was ok in that it didn't upset my stomach but if you do have problems maybe it would be worth trying a spray instead.

breeze

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »

Be careful to keep an eye on quality and price.

The more expensive are not always the best.

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »

Hello Jaz.

I am also experimenting with Magnesium spray and I bought mine from Holland and Barrett. I found the tablets loosened my stools but that may be a good thing if you are treating constipation.

There is lots of information online about magnesium so you may enjoy a googling session!

Dancinggirl - it's great that your brother in law is conducting a properly controlled trial, please update us when the results are known.

Take care all.

K.

zelda

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 11:50:15 AM »

Be careful to keep an eye on quality and price.

The more expensive are not always the best.

What brand would you recommend please Breeze.

breeze

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

Healthspan.

Just google.  Would love to post the link but I don't think that's allowed :-\

Cassie

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 12:57:07 PM »

I was enquiring about a magnesium spray just the other day, I have found one by Ancient Minerals, am hoping to give it a try, anyone else used the spray oil?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »

I have used hi-dose magnesium tablets to s top the cough reflex - it had an effect on my bowels though  ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 04:01:16 PM »

Cassie the Magnesium spray I use is an oil spray - I find it great.  DG x

Milamam

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »

Hi Zelda
I buy something called MagneB6 which is an international OTC brand but I don't know whether it is available in the UK. I live in Bulgaria. I take 2 tablets with food at dinner.
Milamam

Jaz

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »

Thank you so much ladies always great to get advice
J xx
Pages: [1] 2