Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New HRT issue?  (Read 2274 times)

Ljp

New HRT issue?
« on: June 17, 2016, 07:21:48 AM »

Hi, not sure if this is due to my HRT or not, but going back to my days of periods, I would often get mouth ulcers leading up to a period.
I have rarely had them during perimeno pause, and am now coming up two years post meno, and been in oestrogel and mirena plus estring since last December, last month I suddenly got a very sore mouth ulcer and tongue was also horrible, I put it down to the fact I'd been having hot water with fresh lemon juice most mornings.

I have stopped the lemon juice and hit water, but yesterday, literally 4 weeks to the day, I have another mouth ulcer ( same are, on left side of my tongue) yet like I used to get almost every month with my period.

Could this be HRT related? It's really not nice as so damn sore 😟

Joyce

Re: New HRT issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:34:05 AM »

I always understood that mouth ulcers happened when you're run down or under a lot of stress. Not sure if HRT can be blamed for this one. Coincidence maybe.

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:46:05 AM »

Just seems strange to me that I used to get them the week leading up to a period, not had them much during perimeno, and now after using HRT for six months, last month and now exactly four weeks later I have mouth ulcer

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »

Maybe from the high adrenaline levels from your imbalanced oestrogen?

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 12:55:14 PM »

Why would my oestrogen levels be imbalanced?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »

Mouth ulcers may be more to do with something lacking in your diet.  I'd up the vitamin B complex and iron.  DG x

dangermouse

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 10:10:06 PM »

The HRT might have imbalanced your hormones enough to be causing a little extra adrenaline that is triggering the ulcers.