Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxious again. Should I try 5 pumps?  (Read 5054 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Anxious again. Should I try 5 pumps?
« on: June 19, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »

After nearly 2 weeks on 4 pumps and feeling better each day, my mood has now seriously dipped again and feel so anxious. I am devastated.

Not sure if this is because my period should have started yesterday, but didn't. Had quite sharp cramps and felt bloated, yesterday, but no flow. Nothing so far either, today.

My last period started, dead on time (am on a 26 day cycle) on May 24th without using any Utro. I finally started the 100mg of Utro on June 1st for 7 days, and didn't have a withdrawal bleed when I finished.

So I assumed my period would start on time yesterday. But nothing so far.

Could this be why my mood had plummeted and the anxiety come back? Just can't think of another reason.

Any ideas very welcome.

Mary G

Re: Anxious again. Should I try 5 pumps?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 02:47:58 PM »

GRL, sorry to her that you mood has dipped but I sounds like you have developed severe PMS symptoms because your period is due.  From what you have said your period is imminent so I would suggest you hang fire and hope it comes very soon.  I know it's difficult when you feel like this but you obviously still have a lot of your own hormones. 

Why not give Professor Studd's office a ring tomorrow if you are still feeling like this?  I would least run it past one of his very knowledgeable secretaries. 

Keepgoing

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 03:01:12 PM »

My mood dips after the utro I think it's the prog withdrawal that's what hurdity says.  You should pick up in a couple of days hopefully, if you do keep a note of this as a couple of bad days seem not to bad to me considering every day was a nightmare before hrt. Good luck big hugs xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »

I wish I'd read this a few minutes ago. I was panicking so applied an extra pump already.

I have always had PMS, but it was always more irritable and grumpy. Only since peri has it changed into depressed and panicky. If it is PMS I'm surprised I haven't had it all week, as I always used to. But I was feeling better and better up until last night.

Think might get a bleed very soon as used a tampon to investigate and it was slightly stained at the tip.

Praying very hard that my mood will get better once bleed arrived. But really worried it is here to stay again for the foreseeable future.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »

Keep going, my mood didn't dip after finishing the Utro. I was fine. Didn't have a withdrawal bleed, but I was fine.

Finished taking the Utro over 10 days ago, so don't think this can be a delayed reaction.

Keepgoing

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »

Yes it would have dipped before now...maybe you do need 5 as our estrogen is at its lowest point from till mid cycle I think, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...there was one woman on here and she is on 6 pumps can't remember her name tho...hopefully with extra pump tomorrow will be better xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »

Eating regularly can ease anxiety dips. 

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 03:35:28 PM »

Don't worry, an extra pump of gel will not do you any harm.  I think you mood will lift as soon as your period starts.  Agree this is nothing to do with the Utro, it was too long ago but it's good news that you managed to take it OK without any side effects.  This bodes well for you. 

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »

God, I really hope so MaryG. I remember from when I took Utro last summer, I was okay with it.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »

Thanks CLKD. Am trying to eat regularly.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »

Hard though when we feel unwell  :-\ I had a difficult morning again  :'(

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »

Keep going, I hope it's something as straightforward as just needing an extra pump a day or two before period starts, and for first few days of period when oestrogen at its lowest. Though my period barely lasts 2.5 days nowadays, and is very light.

Might be heavier this month though as have been on 4 pumps for nearly a fortnight.

Maybe 4 pumps was enough to lift me as my oestrogen was dropping off, and actually improve my mood a lot. But it isn't enough when it suddenly drops very much as period starts.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 04:05:43 PM »

Any change in mood makes me scared and nauseous. 

Keepgoing

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 04:20:20 PM »

Hope so to tinkerbell...try and take it easy today and see how you feel tomorrow xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »

Tinkerbell?
Pages: [1] 2