Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How long before progesterone leaves the body?  (Read 7052 times)

Mojo61

How long before progesterone leaves the body?
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »

I swapped from evorel Conti to evorel sequi on Wednesday. How long will it take before the progesterone part of the Conti patches has left my body please?

I am finding my mood is low and I feel anxious. Is this normal and will it pass once everything settles down and the oestrogen kicks in? I hate this, I've just had a really good week with my anxiety and now I feel like I'm back at square one.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:29:53 PM by Mojo61 »

dangermouse

Re: How long before progesterone leaves the body?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:24:13 AM »

Oestrogen is about 36 hours and progesterone about 28 hours and then add on absorption time, so after a couple of days it should be gone.

The effects may hang about longer though as hormones set of a myriad of effects on other hormones and neurotransmitters so it's difficult to tell.

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »

I find the effects of it hang around for ages.  The synthetic varieties are much worse and I was still having effects two weeks after my last dose.  Utrogestan also works for a long time after the last (vaginal) capsule but perhaps that's why I have found it is working so well at thining/shedding the womb lining.  The most important thing for me is not to take too much of it, the effects are cumulative.

Trufflecat

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 04:14:13 PM »

I found it took about a week when I stopped by using Evorel Sequi. The conti will perhaps have built up more though. Since the sequi has the same type of progesterone in it, won't it have the same effect?

Mojo61

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 05:40:45 PM »

So would that be making me feel jittery and unable to sleep?

I really don't understand any of this and I'm so confused - it's horrible!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:42:55 PM by Mojo61 »

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »

Mojo61, Evorel conti and sequi contain norethisterone which is notorious for causing horrible side effects and it has a long half live meaning it stays in your system for a long time.  It sounds like you need a good dose of oestrogen to rid yourself of these side effects.  I take it you are on oestrogen only patches at the moment?  Another problem might be that you are on a low dose of oestrogen and personally, I didn't find a 50mcg patch to be very effective.

My advice would be to give it a fair trial and if you don't feel significantly better soon, change to a different regime and I would recommend Oestrogel/Utrogestan.

Mojo61

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »

Thank you Mary. Yes it is just the oestrogen patch at the moment, I put the 2nd one on this morning. There are 4 Evorel 50 and 4 Evorel Conti patches in the box.