Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Skin Rashes  (Read 1888 times)

Norma

Skin Rashes
« on: June 15, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »

I have been having terrible issues with skin rashes. I have them on my scalp as well as in my groin (hair and inner leg). I'm not sure if it is menopause related or not. Has any one else had issues like this? It is red, swollen, almost welt like or pimples, and can be crazy itchy. I've tried a few things but I can't decide between keeping the areas moisturized or dry. I was hoping for some ideas before I go to the doctor. Does any one have this trouble and if yes, what did you do to combat it?

charliegirl

Re: Skin Rashes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:28:18 PM »

Hi Norma, skin rashes can drive you insane with itching!😬  I have always had excema on my hands now and again but this past year its spread to my entire body and can be a real problem. I can only use prescribed cream and shower wash. It couls be a reaction to chemicals. Look up MI allergy and check ingredients on products. Definately go to GP. Skin naturally dries as we get older as well. Hope this helps!x

Cazikins

Re: Skin Rashes
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:41:19 PM »

Hi Norma,
Have you changed washing powder & shampoo brand? just a thought as I have got some red itchy pimples but then I realised it was because I didn't use my usual powder a few times.
Hope your doc can re-assure you.
Cazi