Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: personal itching  (Read 5983 times)

Midnight Shadow

Re: personal itching
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 08:40:57 PM »

Thanks for all the responses. You are all so knowledgeable. I have to say after using some extra vagifem I am a lot better. Hope it continues.  I have also started using Sylk. I find this most soothing and healing.  Also use dead sea salts and epsom salts in the bath,
, but will try ordinary salt water. Your replies have been most helpful. Take care all of you. 

Vanessa1

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »

Hi, I'm having this problem too UGH ... I remember having it when I was about 19 and once I started the birth control pill it all went away so definitely hormone related!

It's flared up again this week;  I've been on Femoston Sequi for 6 weeks and also using Ovestin cream.  I only use it on the 'outside' areas as that's where it's itching but doesn't seem to be helping so might start using it 3 times a week instead of twice.

I'm nervous about trying the Vagifem as not been in a relationship for over 7 years so don't want anything 'intrusive' or have to 'insert' anything as would probably go into shock haha!

Oh isn't it awful?  :o

Hope you feel better soon x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:46 AM »

The itching problem probably starts from inside the vagina itself.  The menopause results in everything drying up and the skin becomes thin and more sensitive so the balance is out generally.  Bacteria from the bowels will easily get to the whole area as well which fuels the chance of bacteria etc taking hold.  Local oestrogen will, and does, help to restore the healthier environment within the vagina so should help things generally.  The fillers in both the oestrogen creams and Vagifem can irritate a bit but only using the cream on the outside won't be enough.
I do think it's worth using one of the vaginal moisturisers that are available to help with dryness and these products usually help to keep the flora balance as it should be - it is trial and error with these products till you find something you like and they are often expensive but it's worth experimenting with things like Hyalofemme, Multi Gyn Actigel, Replens etc. to see if this helps.  DG x

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »

I wonder too?
Im the only one that uses Johnsons talc on grandson
I go salt n pepper sir
He says yes pease nana fank ku

I still find it hard to get this generation and even the last
Whos bubs at 2 and a half still wear nappies and number 2 in them
Its B... ridiculous my son out of nappies at 21mnths old had enough
In to BHS got 7 pairs of undies and with in 6 days he was dry and CLEAN
No faux toilet seats I held him said AHHAAHHH no potties I HATE them filthy things
Im not alone nearly all my pals MUM in the 70s had kids dry and clean by 2 to 2 and a bit
You couldnt go to Play school in the churches if you wore nappes Im sure that was big incentive
What can I say though? Bobbles bought every nappy our Zeke had on his bum chum from birth
January this year he was 2 enough no more$36 for a box of 90 first 6mnths a box every 8 days
Next 12 mnths box every 2 weeks last 6 mnths a box every 3 weeks I recon 1000 pounds!
Plus we bought his pram for them and one for us bought highchair for them and one for us
Bough playpen for them and one for us  we bought a cot for us. We bought 100s of dollars of toys clothes and books etc. Last week GAGA aka Bobbles took him on the sandy shore in his new Clarkes shoes 50 pounds they got soaked I went nuts today I went over for my usuall all day thurdsday baby sit gave her 100 dollars she refused I forced her to take it the shoes are ruined
IDM we both dont we love him to death nut the nappies wed just had enough we thought
If we dont buy them he was 2 last January they will toilet train him NOPE they buy the nappies
Odd thing not even son mentioned wed stopped heheheh
Pages: 1 [2]