Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Early bleed on Evorel Sequi and mood drop!  (Read 2643 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Early bleed on Evorel Sequi and mood drop!
« on: June 15, 2016, 03:20:06 PM »

I'm on Day 20 of my first Evorel Sequi and day 6/7 of the combined patch and have started my bleed early I think.

Feeling hot, irritable and fed up as I expected to feel like this at the end of the combined patch. Is this normal? Can also feel my mood dropping which worries me as I've had only 4 bad days in the last 20 since starting patches so was feeling hopeful.

Worried that this might mess everything up for me.

Hurdity

Re: Early bleed on Evorel Sequi and mood drop!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:37:02 AM »

Hope you're feeling better today Mis71Mum. There are bound to be days on any HRT - especially cyclical HRT when you don't feel at your best - after all you are continuing with periods of a sort and not taking a constant level of hormones, as well as having your own thrown into the mix. The aim is to feel better overall for most of the time - or at least on many more days than you do when not taking HRT! Let's hope this turns out to be the case for you :)

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply Hurdity and I know you kindly resounded on my other thread. 

Yes I do think I was having an off day! As today, I can only describe as normal, but good normal, like my old normal. In fact at work, I've had the most concentration and focus since being back at work in January. 

Today is Day 8 on the combi patch, don't get me wrong I have been a bit grizzly here and there and sometimes looking for something to go wrong, but so far so good. Headaches have gone and more importantly, in the last 3 weeks, my bp has gone from 150/100 to 127/90.

My only slight concern is that each time I've taken a progesterone whether it be utrogestan or the combi patch, my bleed has come early. Day 4 with each type. When looking on Internet today it said you should have extra progesterone if this doesn't settle. But surely the menopause is about losing oestrogen.  Confused but clueless  ::)

Liz

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 05:01:15 PM »

I'm having the same sort of problem - period every 2 weeks and whilst on the Utro stage.  I'm considering a break to see what my own cycle is doing and possibly restarting (if I need to) to "re-set" everything.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »

Did you try 4 pumps Mis71Mum? Have you stayed on 4 pumps since?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »

Hi GRL

I just have a 50mg patch at the moment - will have done my first complete month by 23rd June. So far tolerated the progesterone part okay which I was a bit worried about.

I tried the gel for a bit but it did make me feel a bit fluttery which isn't good for an anxiety sufferer. When I saw a female gyny, she wanted me to try a patch so I could get a good constant dose in my system - I think it's a medium dose. I have to say I've fairer better with my patches. Once I've done a few months, will review again. But the gyny was suggesting mirena with gel or patch. Now if I tolerate this patches progesterone okay, will consider it as it's quite strong from what I've read.