Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing from Conti to Sequi - what to expect?  (Read 2947 times)

Mojo61

Changing from Conti to Sequi - what to expect?
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »

Hi ladies.

This morning I put on my first oestrogen patch (Evorel Sequi) after being on Evorel Conti since the end of February. I have been swapped over because I was experiencing a lot of problems with the Conti regime, continuous bleeding, period pains, painful breasts, PMS symptoms etc etc.

What I want to know is will I feel any different or will anything change by using this regime? I suffer terribly with anxiety and it is already making me worry if the new patches are going to cause me any unwanted side effects like more anxiety, insomnia etc.

Any advice please?

Vanessa1

Re: Changing from Conti to Sequi - what to expect?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »

Hi Mojo,

I've recently switched from conti to sequi;  not the patches though, I'm on Femoston 1/10 tablets ... but should be similar results I assume?!  I wasn't getting on with the conti regime either;  I'm 48 and not sure if I am peri or post meno, it's all so confusing!

I've been on the sequi now for 6 weeks and so far, so good;  still the odd 'off' day, but on the whole I've been feeling OK.

I had light spotting after finishing the first packet; a few headaches (but I've always been a bit of a headache person anyway) but my anxiety has definitely improved and I am sleeping OK most nights.

Good luck x

Mojo61

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 12:13:13 PM »

Thank you Vanessa. Hopefully I will be OK

Vanessa1

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »

Keep us posted  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 04:41:51 PM »

Hi Mojo61

You may get a small bleed after changing from the conti to the oestrogen only patches as the progesterone levels drop, and then in subsequent months the withdrawal bleed should be predictable.

How you feel will depend on your sensitivity to the progestogen in the combi patches which you will be on for 2 weeks out of 4. Some women find there is a cumulative negative effect from synthetic progestogens especially and particularly norethisterone in the Evorel patches. If you continue to feel rubbish during the second part of the cycle when you are on the combi/conti patches then it's probably time to look at a different HRT type with a better tolerated progestogen - but hopefully you will feel better when it is taken cyclically?

Most important try not to worry or anticipate problems otherwise you will be thinking every little twinge or thought is due to the HRT - so banish this idea from your mind and hopefully you will feel good! :)

Hurdity x

Mojo61

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 05:42:53 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. I'm still bleeding from the Conti patches, it would stop for a week or so and then start again. How long should it take before the bleeding stops?

Dollydream

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:57:18 AM »

Hi Mojo61

I've just changed from conti to sequi after being fed up with the persistent bleeding and breast soreness like you.  Bleeding stopped when I stopped taking the conti and I had a month off of HRT.  Now 2 weeks in on Femoston 1/10 sequi tablets and all OK so far.  A few minor flushes, but brain fog has cleared, sleeping better and aches and pains gone.  Hoping it continues into the progesterone phase.  Good luck with your new HRT.

DollyD x

Mojo61

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »

Thank you everyone  :)