Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 5yr pist menopausal bleed hwavy with small clots  (Read 2171 times)

SueN

5yr pist menopausal bleed hwavy with small clots
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:15:17 AM »

What have others found to be the cause of heavy post menopausal bleeding with clots. Its at least 5yr since my last period and was shocked to find one evening I was bleeding quite heavily. Was bright red and contained a number of small to medium clots. Very heavy feeling in lower stomach, aching tired legs. What have other women with same symptoms found to be the cause? I am going to see my doc after the weekend.

Taz2

Re: 5yr pist menopausal bleed hwavy with small clots
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:27:44 AM »

Hi SueN - there are a few different causes for post menopausal bleeding but the first thing is to get it checked out by a GP. You will probably be referred for a scan - I believe this has to be within two weeks so don't be alarmed at the speed of it - to make sure that your uterine lining is ok. Sometimes a polyp can cause bleeding. There are details here of the examinations etc. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/postmenopausal-bleeding-or-spotting/Pages/Introduction.aspx   Did you have any hormonal feelings before the bleeding such as you used to get before a period began? Not sure how old you are or whether you have ever been on HRT as this can make a difference too. Clotting shows that your clotting mechanism is working by the way so is usually a good thing although unpleasant if you pass a large one!

Please let us know how you get on. You will find lots of help and support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm: