Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT expectations vs reality  (Read 4147 times)

Lizab

Re: HRT expectations vs reality
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 01:31:37 AM »

Hi Ljp, it's been about 6 months, 3 months on my current dose. Things are certainly getting better, not worse. I'm learning to accept the little dips and not allow myself to be gripped by fear that I'll feel so low again. All in all, I think I'm 95 percent better. It's actually hard to judge as before hrt, I went through a period of time where in spite bleeding problems, I felt better than I had felt since my teens and early twenties. I'm guessing that was my ovaries' last hurrah and I went down hard and fast after that. Where I am now is sufficient.

Ljp

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 09:49:31 AM »

Wow 95 percent better is great! And only 3 month on your current dose, I'm sure you will continue to have improvement 😊

I think as humans, the past is often rosier in our thoughts than perhaps it really was, I constantly question, was I really THAT bad that I needed HRT, it's difficult connecting to how you were, when you are only 100% sure of today, right here and right now.

But despite my occasional anxieties, I KNOW I'm more balanced and less of an emotional over anxious worrier on HRT, not to mention no hot flushes and night sweats! 😊😊

Ljp

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »

Just want to add, I know what you mean by adrenalin surges, I get them at times, it's horrible. Mostly my sleep is good, but if I have something important or exciting the next day, that's when my adrenalin surges (sudden jolt in my stomach which wakes me) will create a very restless night.

Often accompanied by restless legs, I end up having to get out of bed and stretch out my calf muscles, it's not nice, and makes me really miserable, and can often take the edge off my important or exciting day as a result of such a bad night 😟
Pages: 1 [2]